Twitch Streaming Genre?

DevilishBooster

I'm going to be starting a weekly Twitch stream soon and I noticed in watching streams that there is a "genre" underneath the title on people's streams. I don't have a 'super uber' powerful computer so I was thinking I would start with older games that I know hardly load my computer so that I can make sure the stream stays nice. I previously tried streaming FO4 but it only streamed for about 3-4 minutes before the stream failed, so it either could have been a settings issue or my PC just couldn't handle it. I figure I can play less demanding/older games while I learn all the Ins and Outs of streaming, and then once I finish my current project use that because it will definitely be able to handle any gameplay I throw at it, and then I can use my current system as a dedicated streaming rig. Here's my current set up.

If I play older games like KOTOR or X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, would those qualify as "retro gaming"? Or should I just not really worry about the genre title that much? I'm also thinking of playing fun games like the Lego games just for variety. Thoughts?

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Your system can deliver 1080p @ 60FPS if your internet speed is good enough. 

I do stream casually as well, but I do stream some highly saturated games, like league of legends, and battlefield.

for streaming you just really need a good CPU, graphics card doesn't matter as much for the streaming part, but the actual game it does "duhh" 

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

Dont worry about the genre, just about the game title and your stream title. Streaming is hard anyway man. Dont be disheartened if noones there. They will come with time. 

Please remember to follow your posts so you get notifications of people replying. If you want to reply to me directly, and I am not the author of the post, quote me.

Your system can deliver 1080p @ 60FPS if your internet speed is good enough.  

Yeah, that was something I thought of after I posted it. I have pretty good download, but the upload is usually lacking so that could very well have been the issue.

Dont worry about the genre, just about the game title and your stream title. Streaming is hard anyway man. Dont be disheartened if noones there. They will come with time. 

I'm not too worried about drawing in a huge crowd, this is just more for fun. I'm always really busy, but I love video games, so I figured if I set a weekly 2 hr stream or something then it guarentees game play every week without risking overrunning my other priorities.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.