Best GPU For Minecraft Shaders?

AsrielDreemurr
Go to solution Solved by skyress3000,

Yeah, shaders are pretty GPU intensive. I get > 60fps with optifine my 970 but I would recommend getting a 390 at that price point since it has better performance, but like others mentioned, it is possible to run them on a worse card. It'll still work, but to get 60fps you'll need to turn your render distance or other settings down. There are also shaders other than SEUS which imo look a bit worse but run much faster.

Yes yes, I know. "Minecraft is more CPU based rather that your GPU". But that doesn't mean it abandons the gpu. (I know this from a friend that runs a 2k monitor and gets 30fps with seus ultra shaders with optifine. Pentium g2030 with a 750ti).

Knowing that, I'm looking at the 970 to run 60fps shaders. The cpu will be a 4790k. Which card would you recommend for the job?

If you play Geometry Dash, would you take the time to rate this demon? 14986973 ;3;

you want at least one 980ti to run minecraft at 720p id even say tripple sli titan x wont play it smooth on ultra at 1080p

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

i7 for Minecraft? wtf? Then get some GTX 980 Ti to pair with.

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

Yes yes, I know. "Minecraft is more CPU based rather that your GPU". But that doesn't mean it abandons the gpu. (I know this from a friend that runs a 2k monitor and gets 30fps with seus ultra shaders with optifine. Pentium g2030 with a 750ti).

Knowing that, I'm looking at the 970 to run 60fps shaders. The cpu will be a 4790k. Which card would you recommend for the job?

I have a g3258 (@4.2ghz) and a 750ti and I get 55 on SEUS ultra. a 950 should handle them no problem. 960 if you want to be extra safe.

Edit: that's obviously with optifine, and the proper settings. Also on second thought, my render distance it at 8, so if you wanted higher draw distance, then you might want to go with the 960.

Yeah, shaders are pretty GPU intensive. I get > 60fps with optifine my 970 but I would recommend getting a 390 at that price point since it has better performance, but like others mentioned, it is possible to run them on a worse card. It'll still work, but to get 60fps you'll need to turn your render distance or other settings down. There are also shaders other than SEUS which imo look a bit worse but run much faster.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

My brother has a 970, I have a 290x and I absolutely destroy his performance with Optifine. (He has a 3770K, I have a 3570K)

He sits around 50-56 FPS, I'm doing above 70.

R9 390 is your best bet.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Doesn't mc run much better on nvidia? Back when the game didn't suck, my 560ti was faster than my friends 7950

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R