failed onboard NIC - Z97 ASUS

this might be a long one, and sorry if the english is a bit lacking.

I have been fighting with ASUS for a while, and i am a bit annoyed. i have a secondary system that i have been using while my main is being rebuild in a custom case.

It is a

I7-4790k

ASUS Z-97 Pro (non wifi)

2x8Gigs + 2x4 gigs XMS ram

2x970 Asus Strix

Corsair 850RM power supply

An assortment of SSD´s (500gig + 2x250gig)

and an externa dac.

it´s a decent system.

now, the issue.

i´v moved to windows 10, and are running my LAN on the 1gbit port, now i have moved into a rather large house, and moved my fiber connection, and upgradede it to 250/250 mbit, so wanted gbit speeds in my office, i ran a extender AC52 from my AC68 router, but since it has a 100mbit port, it only ran the 100mbit, so bought a EA-AC87 Media bridge.

then something wierd happened, tested my fiber connection 3mbit down / 265mbit up, and the same when on internal LAN (had a 9xx mbit link over AC) 300kb/sec down and 70-80MB/sec up.

thought the Media bridge was defective and people were talking about quintenna issues, so returned it.

then pulled a NEW Cat 6 SPT cable, same issues 300kb/sec download 110MB/sec upload.

then i forced the onboard 1gbit intel nic to 100mbit.. and 12MB/sec down and up so running full speed on 100mbit, tried a new cable running 1gibt, same issue 3mbit/1000mbit..

removed battery and let the motherboard fully reset, bios updated, and tried ALL intel windows 10 drivers for the 1218-V same issue..

bought a 15bucks TP-link 1000mbit card, and it runs PERFECTLY 1000/1000mbit 110MB/sec from server, and 32MB/sec from my fiber connection.. (but annoying having a PCI-X card squeezed in between a SLI solution.)

tried all other PC´s in the house, many with Intel NIC, no issues on them, all running full 1gbit speeds.

Tried having the PC running directly connected with a 0.5meter ethernet cable to the fiber modem, same issue.

Now the issues is, talked to asus... sent them the full "error finding" procedure..

and the answer is.. "NEVER HAD a 1gbit nic from intel fail on a board, so the issue must be software, or somewhere else"

WHAT else can i test?