PC powers on for a few seconds and then shuts down,

jcastro_805

My PC will power on for a few seconds and then shut down, and then repeat the cycle continuously, and there will be nothing showing up on the display the whole time. I have checked all of the connectors and they are plugged in correctly.

CPU: 5820k

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UD3P

RAM: 2*4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport

PSU: EVGA 850G2

Graphics: Windforce R9 290x

Try resetting the BIOS by taking out the battery, wait 10-20 minutes, then put it back in or find the jumper pins and touch them with a metal screwdriver there for around 10 seconds.

Also, make sure your power supply isn't getting power from a bad outlet. Try switching outlets with your power supply's cable.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | EVGA RTX 2060 SUPER | MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB @ 3200MHz C14 | EVGA G3 650W

Laptop: 2023 Macbook Pro 16" - M2 Max | 64GB RAM | 1TB SSD

Try resetting the BIOS by taking out the battery, wait 10-20 minutes, then put it back in or find the jumper pins and touch them and hold a metal screwdriver there for around 10 seconds.

Also, make sure your power supply isn't getting power from a bad outlet. Try switching outlets with your power supply's cable.

Yeah

What he said. Try a different outlet.

My PC will power on for a few seconds and then shut down, and then repeat the cycle continuously, and there will be nothing showing up on the display the whole time. I have checked all of the connectors and they are plugged in correctly.

CPU: 5820k

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UD3P

RAM: 2*4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport

PSU: EVGA 850G2

Graphics: Windforce R9 290x

Also, I know you said all the cables were plugged in, but just to be absolutely sure, make sure your power and reset switch cables are in the right place.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | EVGA RTX 2060 SUPER | MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB @ 3200MHz C14 | EVGA G3 650W

Laptop: 2023 Macbook Pro 16" - M2 Max | 64GB RAM | 1TB SSD

My first guess at this would be that something is not being cooled properly. Second guess would be something is not being powered properly. 

Try resetting the BIOS by taking out the battery, wait 10-20 minutes, then put it back in or find the jumper pins and touch them with a metal screwdriver there for around 10 seconds.

I tried all of the things that you mentioned and it didn't help

Also, I know you said all the cables were plugged in, but just to be absolutely sure, make sure your power and reset switch cables are in the right place.

Tried that, didn't do anything

My first guess at this would be that something is not being cooled properly. Second guess would be something is not being powered properly.

All of my coolers are working properly and I reseated the CPU Cooler a few times and it didn't fix anything

Your mother board has dual bios. try flicking the switch, its on the bottom of your motherboard, just to the between your usb 2.0 header and your front IO connectors.

Your mother board has dual bios. try flicking the switch, its on the bottom of your motherboard, just to the between your usb 2.0 header and your front IO connectors.

Still did nothing

do you have a bios speaker to connect to get a beep code? also might be worth removing all your ram, and put 1 stick in slot 0

do you have a bios speaker to connect to get a beep code? also might be worth removing all your ram, and put 1 stick in slot 0

This.

Check each ram stick individually, in each slot, to make sure that none of your slots / sticks are faulty.

If no stick works in any of the slots, its probably another issue.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

I have one stick of RAM and it powered on but if I put 2 in it no longer does

Looks like a faulty ram stick or slot, try putting the 2nd stick into another slot, if it fails you have a broken ram stick, if it boots you have a broken ram slot

Looks like a faulty ram stick or slot, try putting the 2nd stick into another slot, if it fails you have a broken ram stick, if it boots you have a broken ram slot

It booted. Should I return my motherboard?

So it looks like 1 of your ram slots is dead. In my opinion it wouldn't bother me, however if it concerns you (as you won't be able to upgrade your ram in the future) it and your board is under warrenty then RMA it

So it looks like 1 of your ram slots is dead. In my opinion it wouldn't bother me, however if it concerns you (as you won't be able to upgrade your ram in the future) it and your board is under warrenty then RMA it

I just bought it from Micro Center today so I will return it there. Right now I only have 2 4gb sticks and some of my games require 8GB so that is not an option