How do I buy pre-assembled crossover

Woahduds

looking at these pre-assembled crossovers on part-express and most of them look the same from dayton audio, the only difference is the hz, starts from 2000hz to 4500hz. Does more equals better? (they're the same price)

Parts express they sell high and low pass filters as well as 2 and 3 way assembled crossover for 4 and 8 ohm loads

Parts express they sell high and low pass filters as well as 2 and 3 way assembled crossover for 4 and 8 ohm loads

oh is the overnight sensation guy :) I was looking at these http://prntscr.com/9qykik but not sure which one to get. Does more hz means better?

oh is the overnight sensation guy :) I was looking at these http://prntscr.com/9qykik but not sure which one to get. Does more hz means better?

no more hz is where the crossover point is... and yes the overnight Sensations guy. Lol

First what do you need a cross over for, what speakers and tweeter? Amd how many

"How do I buy pre-assembled crossover".

You don't. Unless you're OK with mediocre soundquality.

no more hz is where the crossover point is... and yes the overnight Sensations guy. Lol

First what do you need a cross over for, what speakers and tweeter? Amd how many

Well i got interested in building my own speaker, ill just build my own outer shell/bookshelf. So Im thinking of buying these tweeters http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-amt-mini-8-air-motion-transformer-tweeter-8-ohm--275-095 and im still not sure what speaker to get, thinking something in the 30 dollars range

dayon cross overs are actually pretty good for what they cost and ease if use.... but yes if you know what your doing a hand made crossover will be much better. But having a good crossover is only gonna work good if you have a property built and tuned box for your speakers to go into.

not new to this, and dont know what to get or have for the crossover.. so this is gonna have to work

Well i got interested in building my own speaker, ill just build my own outer shell/bookshelf. So Im thinking of buying these tweeters http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-amt-mini-8-air-motion-transformer-tweeter-8-ohm--275-095 and im still not sure what speaker to get, thinking something in the 30 dollars range

great tweets i actually plan on getting them for my next project. I would look at getting the 2 way 4,000hz crosses for them

great tweets i actually plan on getting them for my next project. I would look at getting the 2 way 4,000hz crosses for them

which woofer/speaker should i get for around 30 dollars?

which woofer/speaker should i get for around 30 dollars?

will you have a dedicated sub or just the 2 book shelf speakers?

I'd recommend:

-If you want to learn: buy cheap stuff and mess around to see how things work. Also: read a lot.

-If you want good sound quality: build an existing design like the Overnight Sensations

I'd recommend:

-If you want to learn: buy cheap stuff and mess around to see how things work. Also: read a lot.

-If you want good sound quality: build an existing design like the Overnight Sensations

yea i recommend these to him awhile back

I'd recommend:

yeah I asked this morning for articles and tutorials on how to build a crossover this morning and no one replied, the ones ive found shows the building process

yeah I asked this morning for articles and tutorials on how to build a crossover this morning and no one replied, the ones ive found shows the building process

its not just assembling the crossovers, its kniw what parts to use and why. To make sure you get the right crossover point for your set up

its not just assembling the crossovers, its kniw what parts to use and why. To make sure you get the right crossover point for your set up

I'd recommend:

you guys think i should just buy the parts for the overnight sensation cross over and do it by myself? will that be better?

you guys think i should just buy the parts for the overnight sensation cross over and do it by myself? will that be better?

to be safe and get something you can know that you can use until you have money to play with parts. Overnight Sensations will be your best sound per dollar if i can say it that way

to be safe and get something you can know that you can use until you have money to play with parts. Overnight Sensations will be your best sound per dollar if i can say it that way

i mean like just use the overnight sensation crossover parts and buy a different tweeter and speaker

i mean like just use the overnight sensation crossover parts and buy a different tweeter and speaker

you cant buy just the crossover... that cross over is designed specifically for those speakers. In that box. If you have the amt mini-8 tweets get a 4000hz 2 way cross and pair it with an dayton RS150-8 its a 6" speaker which should give you plenty bass for bookshelf speakers. Each tower will he able to take about 50wrms, although you wont need the much. I can walk you though designing a box and how to find the tuning.