8gb o 16gb

Go to solution Solved by warzkaz,

if you two slots get 16gb, if you have 4 then get 8gb

Planning on buying Trident Z mem, but not sure whether to get the 16gb or 8gb version. System is mainly going to be for gaming an occasional recording/streaming. Not sure how much i'll need

16Gb is now min. 8gb is too little 16 is a little too much

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Planning on buying Trident Z mem, but not sure whether to get the 16gb or 8gb version. System is mainly going to be for gaming an occasional recording/streaming. Not sure how much i'll need

more then enough, go for it

16gb is definitely not minimum lolz. 4gb is too little. 8gb is still enough for most things, even streaming. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

16gb is definitely not minimum lolz. 4gb is too little. 8gb is still enough for most things. 

Not for GTa 5, and chrome. Not for most of my games 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

16gb is definitely not minimum lolz. 4gb is too little. 8gb is still enough for most things, even streaming. 

My system would like 10-12 for GAMING only

8GB is not enough for gaming anymore.

Not for GTa 5, and chrome. Not for most of my games 

4600 mb of ram.

Not everyone uses 50 tabs on chrome either. 

My system would like 10-12 for GAMING only

windows caches free RAM if it's available so it's most likely false. 

how come, since I can still play games normally with 8GB. 

BF4 was bugged so it used more, but it was a bug, not a requirement. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

u being srs mate?

I don't go over 8GB unless I'm loading Cities: Skylines with a 400k city. 8GB is really more than enough.

more then enough

u being srs mate?

I don't go over 8GB unless I'm loading Cities: Skylines with a 400k city. 8GB is really more than enough.

So go with 8?

So go with 8?

What games are you playing? Most of the games I play are HEAVY modded. I play gta 5 with lcpdfr and MORE

What games are you playing? Most of the games I play are HEAVY modded. I play gta 5 with lcpdfr and MORE

Some MOBA's, Europa UNiversalis IV, Skyrim(modded) And some more steam games

so it doesn't fucking count then? mods always use bullshit amounts of RAM because they are mods, 0 optimization. 

You know though that only a minority of PC gamers actually mod games. 

Some MOBA's, Europa UNiversalis IV, Skyrim(modded) And some more steam games

For Skyrim modding 16GB would make sense since those mods are just as broken as the game is. 

Spoiler

16gb

so it doesn't fucking count then? mods always use bullshit amounts of RAM because they are mods, 0 optimization. 

For Skyrim modding 16GB would make sense since those mods are just as broken as the game is. 

900x900px-LL-87a2e791_hey-hey-hey-lets-c

if you two slots get 16gb, if you have 4 then get 8gb

Amd phenom ii x4 955 Asus crosshair iv formula Kingston hyperx fury 8GB 1600mhz ASUS Radeon R9 280X DirectCU II
Cooler master haf xb evo Antec 750w 500gb wd black BenQ gw2760hs Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 

32 GB is really the min nowdays (when you want to game while a render takes 24 GB in the background)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1.) Chill

2.) That depends on the mod author... They are not all written by idiots (though some are)

3.) You know that the modding community is as big as it is for a reason, right?

@OP I would recommend 12 or more for modding games. I used to play a highly modded Skyrim on my old laptop (i7 Sandy, with 8GB RAM) and things ran very well. Some of the newer mods are getting especially ambitious though, so the extra RAM will definitely help... Go with the 16GB. If you weren't modding, then 8GB would be plenty.

~Cynical~

wtf lol

Rig: 5950X | ROG VIII Formula | 6900XT
Laptop: 5900HX | 6800M | 16GB

wtf lol

GTA V uses whatever RAM it wants, and it still uses up to 12 whenever I play, it use to use all 8 +/- a few for Windows. Besides RAM is that cheap 16GB can fit into most budgets