XSPC D5 Dual Bay Reservoir V2 Question

Hi everyone,

I recently ordered the clear acrylic D5 Dual Bay Reservoir, but I was sent the D5 Dual Bay Reservoir V2. Before I send it back to get a refund and order what I wanted, I was wondering if there is a reason to actually return it. I am in contact with the retailer that I purchased the reservoir from and he informed me that the acrylic one has had a recall because of leaking. However, when I was researching which reservoir to get, I thought that I read that the V2 had problems with leaks, or was it the acrylic one they were speaking about and I just misread. If anyone has any input on what I should do or experience with either product that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The v2 was the update for the v1 that leaked. The black v1 reservoir leaked.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

the acrylic is not labeled V1 it is just called the acrylic reservoir.

the delrin (black) has two versions. the revision on the delrin reservoir to repair the

issues of the first version that had major warpage and fitment issues.

XSPC 'splaination of the differences LINKY

V1-D5.jpg

V2-D5.jpg

V1 had eight cover bolts, as the V2 has nine cover bolts. it is a patch more than a

fix, but they more than i do. should be 12-bolts holding that cover down.

airdeano

I tend to stick away from bay res. tube res all the way.

Usually a company will release a revision (V2, V3, etc.) to fix existing known problems or due to customer feedback about a product. If they sent you a V2, they're doing you a favour.

As airdeano mentioned, the original version had leaks. They posted it all over their facebook and on review sites. The V2 hasn't had any problems so far to my knowledge and research.

Thanks for the input. So they did in fact send me V2 and I will be keeping it as it seems to be fine. Bay res would seem to be better for my case as there isn't too much room to work with, for me at least, skill wise.