Windows 10?

xnoobftw

Is it time to upgrade now? Have the driver issues been solved? IF i were to upgrade from 8.1 would certain apps not work because of the OS change?

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

I'm still getting issues with programs not being available after rebooting, or even after initial installation.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

"I didn't die! I performed a tactical reset!"

What driver issues?  The fact that it automatically and forcefully "upgrades" your drivers to the latest version even if they won't work?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Is it time to upgrade now? Have the driver issues been solved? IF i were to upgrade from 8.1 would certain apps not work because of the OS change?

long as you do a clean install after the upgrade ..its fine

also if your hardware is compatible with 8.1 ..then 10 is no problem..it basically uses the same drivers

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

with the more they fix compatibility with W10 (they being both MS and other software companies)

the more things show up that absolutely turn me off of W10 and make me never want to run windows on bare metal again.

barnacules' glasswire video worried me more than it should have...

10 is great but a lot of programs still don't work like  for instance Corsair's Corsair Link fan and LED controller software doesn't work without a lot of registry edits and I still can't control the fan speed.

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

10 is great but a lot of programs still don't work like  for instance Corsair's Corsair Link fan and LED controller software doesn't work without a lot of registry edits and I still can't control the fan speed.

I'm loving windows 10 tbh

with the more they fix compatibility with W10 (they being both MS and other software companies)

the more things show up that absolutely turn me off of W10 and make me never want to run windows on bare metal again.

barnacules' glasswire video worried me more than it should have...

long as you do a clean install after the upgrade ..its fine

also if your hardware is compatible with 8.1 ..then 10 is no problem..it basically uses the same drivers

What driver issues?  The fact that it automatically and forcefully "upgrades" your drivers to the latest version even if they won't work

Yes

I'm still getting issues with programs not being available after rebooting, or even after initial installation.

It just sounds like i shouldt upgrade D:

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Some parts of my drivers don't even work - I have a Sound Blaster Z and I get issues with "file permissions" with the Sound Blaster Control Panel despite the fact that I'm admin.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Idk. I'm still having issues with some programs, and any game that was made pre-Windows 7 seems to have difficulty running even in compatibility mode. I also have been having issues with the computer randomly freezing up completely, forcing me to hit the reset button and there is never an error message, and sometimes it just randomly restarts itself. I'm almost to the point of reverting to Windows 8.1

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Idk. I'm still having issues with some programs, and any game that was made pre-Windows 7 seems to have difficulty running even in compatibility mode. I also have been having issues with the computer randomly freezing up completely, forcing me to hit the reset button and there is never an error message, and sometimes it just randomly restarts itself. I'm almost to the point of reverting to Windows 8.1

that sounds more like a driver issue or a hardware problem

10 has never frozen on any of the 60+ pc's ive installed it on so far..except the few that had problems

10 uses hardware differently then any previous windows version...so I find it seems to find those pcs that had previous hardware problems..that never showed it cause the os wasn't using the hardware the way it could be

Some parts of my drivers don't even work - I have a Sound Blaster Z and I get issues with "file permissions" with the Sound Blaster Control Panel despite the fact that I'm admin.

are you using the modded pax drivers?

that sounds more like a driver issue or a hardware problem

10 has never frozen on any of the 60+ pc's ive installed it on so far..except the few that had problems

10 uses hardware differently then any previous windows version...so I find it seems to find those pcs that had previous hardware problems..that never showed it cause the os wasn't using the hardware the way it could be

So if it's a hardware issue because Win10 uses hardware differently than any other version of windows, and my PC was built a year ago, then I would says it's a Win10 optimization issue.

END OF LINE

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

So if it's a hardware issue because Win10 uses hardware differently than any other version of windows, and my PC was built a year ago, then I would says it's a Win10 optimization issue.

no I mean you have a hardware problem...bad hardware

no I mean you have a hardware problem...bad hardware

Well I've run every single kind of benchmark and testing software that I can without paying for ridiculous and nothing ever tests bad.

END OF LINE

are you using the modded pax drivers?

I'm using drivers straight from Creative.

I'm using drivers straight from Creative.

uninstall totally..and get the pax drivers

the creative drivers are garbage..creative never did learn to program drivers properly..even back in there soundblaster days

On my desktop it's working fine and I love it, but I can't use it on my laptop because the combination of AMD and Windows 10 as a no-go.  You see, my laptop works only with certain drivers, and the latest one is not one of them.  When you combine this fact with the fact Windows 10 will always being you up to the latest one it can find, you see my problem.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I had that problem I cant remember if I fixed it myself or it just started working again but it works now