New PC not posting.

Trey222

if they have the stickers still, can you link the model #'s? I can check them against the QVL. Also did you try those sticks as singles in different slots? a slot could be gunked up or the MoBo might be picky about where a single stick config should sit.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Here are the stickers.

Neither of those are on the QVL list for the board but very similar kingston chips are.So I would think that shose should work Especially the 1GB stick because its hard to screw up compatibility for single rank memory sticks.

I just checked overclockers and it looks like your board required a bios update to run any Xeon. any chance you know someone with an old i7 so you could get your board flashed?

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

Neither of those are on the QVL list for the board but very similar kingston chips are.So I would think that shose should work Especially the 1GB stick because its hard to screw up compatibility for single rank memory sticks.

I just checked overclockers and it looks like your board required a bios update to run any Xeon. any chance you know someone with an old i7 so you could get your board flashed?

Unfortunately not. I may just buy an i7 920 if I have to.

My Work in Progress PC http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/522048-xeon-build/ <-- That PC was built but never booted:(

My Work in Progress PC 2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/540583-xeon-build-20-code-name-xenox (Hopefully this one boots.) 

Unfortunately not. I may just buy an i7 920 if I have to.

I saw some on R/HardwareSwap not too long ago for $30 or $40 Shipped. That said I am still almost certain you will need to replace that 8gb stick (so you might want too look  into trades)

there may also be some sympathetic souls on the forum that might be willing to lend you one, often only at the cost of shipping.

i have had a similar problem with my old x58 rig. i ended up basically rebuilding the system and it fixed itself and is working to this day tho i suspect it had to do with a sata connector that was loose or light corrosion on one of the many connectors in the rig.

also as GzeroD stated before x58 was picky is its ram some boards just wouldn't recognize certain ran evan some ram that was validated for the chips 

Forum Links - COC I FAQ I

I saw some on R/HardwareSwap not too long ago for $30 or $40 Shipped. That said I am still almost certain you will need to replace that 8gb stick (so you might want too look  into trades)

there may also be some sympathetic souls on the forum that might be willing to lend you one, often only at the cost of shipping.

Would getting a new bios chip work? 

i have had a similar problem with my old x58 rig. i ended up basically rebuilding the system and it fixed itself and is working to this day tho i suspect it had to do with a sata connector that was loose or light corrosion on one of the many connectors in the rig.

also as GzeroD stated before x58 was picky is its ram some boards just wouldn't recognize certain ran evan some ram that was validated for the chips 

I have rebuilt it multiple times now. Everything turns on and stays on but still no post. 

My Work in Progress PC http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/522048-xeon-build/ <-- That PC was built but never booted:(

My Work in Progress PC 2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/540583-xeon-build-20-code-name-xenox (Hopefully this one boots.)