slow windows clock (Not CMOS Battery!)

Hi everyone,

I have an interesting problem. I have an a10-7850k running on an MSI a88xi-ac motherboard as a home server. Every time the cpu lowers the multiplier, the windows clock slows down. I was losing a few minutes per day. I thought I could get round this by disabling AMD cool and quiet and C6 (might have been C1e) state. I've also disabled TURBO and manually set the multiplier to 37x, but it's still slowing down and losing about 10-20 seconds a day? I've also noticed in HWmonitor that the cpu is slowing down / speeding up still? I've seen the clock as high as 5.3ghz!

I've already had to make the windows clock sync online every 6 hours instead of every week, but this is less than Ideal.

does anyone have any suggestions?

post-156562-0-82144500-1452875600_thumb.

is it an old board? it may just the RTC hardware getting iffy

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the RTC?

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the RTC?

"real time clock"

basicly, every motherboard has a little piece of hardware (thats also kept online by the cmos battery) that keeps a "real time clock" running, which makes the computer keep track of time even when unplugged from the wall, and no point of reference.

the most common "point of reference" is syncing with a time server on the internet, both windows and linux should do this automaticly every so often, but sometimes things just derp, and cases like this happen.

Annoyingly I've found a few other cases like this, they all seem to apply to older amd processors (Phenom II and Athlon) but no answers!

I did buy the board used, but it can't be that old it's an FM2+ board?