128 vs 64 tick CS.

LokiFire

Hello, CSGO again.

I am not used to 128 tick, and well aim wise it's very different to 64 tick i find.

I am quite consistent in 64 tick but not so much in 128 tick, i still do ok and make most shots however i feel everything is either way more sharper (instant) and i am just not up to speed with it yet?

I am also capped at 160FPS as well my CPU let's me down but it's not a massive problem, lowest FPs observed in 128 tick was 111fps.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Is ticks a new cool way of say ping? 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Nothing to do with ping, it's how fast you and the server update.

Well, actually 64 and 128 is very big of a difference to be honest here.

I went to play a 64 - 128 ping server (You can't run 128 smoothly without a beast of a CPU).

The AWPing in it is just so accurate that i find  myself to be hitting 30% more shots.

Hello, CSGO again.

I am not used to 128 tick, and well aim wise it's very different to 64 tick i find.

I am quite consistent in 64 tick but not so much in 128 tick, i still do ok and make most shots however i feel everything is either way more sharper (instant) and i am just not up to speed with it yet?

I am also capped at 160FPS as well my CPU let's me down but it's not a massive problem, lowest FPs observed in 128 tick was 111fps.

It seem to me like you said you're not used to it. It is better to play at higher tick rates IMO tho. 

He's referring to server tick rate.

The general consensus is that you need 300 fps in order for things to "feel right" - even if it means lowering your settings (performance > looks). That should fix any issues you're currently having.

You'll get used to it.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Hello, CSGO again.

I should have mentioned, what rates are you currently using? I'm sure you already know this but if you aren't using the correct rates - your shots won't register properly.

While not in game, open your console and type the following commands.

rate 128000

cl_cmdrate 128

cl_updaterate 128

cl_interp 0

cl_interp_ratio 1

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

tick rate is the a number indicating how often the server syncs with the clients in one second. 

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Nothing to do with ping, it's how fast you and the server update.

He's referring to server tick rate. The general consensus is that you need 300 fps in order for things to "feel right" - even if it means lowering your settings (performance > looks). That should fix any issues you're currently having.

You'll get used to it.

tick rate is the a number indicating how often the server syncs with the clients in one second. 

I see, thanks for the answers guys! first i'v heard of this term. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I don't feel a big difference from 128-64 or 64-128 but it takes me a game or so to warmup to the "new" tickrate - coming from matchmaking to FaceIT/CEVO needs a game to adapt to higher tickrates, and the same with going back to MM.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

I don't feel a big difference from 128-64 or 64-128 but it takes me a game or so to warmup to the "new" tickrate - coming from matchmaking to FaceIT/CEVO needs a game to adapt to higher tickrates, and the same with going back to MM.

Yeah i have had 4 matches on CEVO now and gotten used to it, i see a lot more FPS drops though.

128 tick feels so much more responsive than 64. I can't play MM since I got used to 128 tick