Which would be the best 970 to get?

Jessee

I plan on getting a 970 but i don't know who to go with. gigabyte,msi, evga. what card has the best performance for gaming?

The best 970 is the R9-390.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Sapphire R9 390 Nitro > any GTX 970

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

since they are the same chip, the only performance difference would be in clockspeeds. So you can either choose the highest, wich would be the fastest one, or you can overclock one.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

since they are the same chip, the only performance difference would be in clockspeeds. So you can either choose the highest, wich would be the fastest one, or you can overclock one.

That's just not true, the difference are coolers, PCB designs (power phases/VRMs - some have better for overclocking some have worse, an excellent example are the EVGA cards: SC, SSC, FTW versions, the FTW would overclock the best most likely), and some are just well-binned (higher-end ones) so there's more to it than just the clockspeeds, not to mention customer service differences/warranty length between different manufacturers...

As to answer the question: MSI / EVGA are basically the best choices for most users as far as 970's go, but you should look at R9 390's unless you mainly play games like Fallout 4.

From the best R9 390s there are Sapphire/MSI, after then XFX and PowerColor come in.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

G1 or evga are my recommendations.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case