Logitech Z906 5.1 Speakers

Dredgy

These are my daily driver speakers and they do a good job. For my more in-depth thoughts, that's what the video is for.

The Good

• Neutral Industrial design, they blend in anywhere
  • Lots of connections.
  • Loud volume with minimal distortion
  • Above-average bass
  • Good quality sound for the price paid
  • Easy to use control console.
  • Converts stereo to 5.1 3D sound
  • Enough included speaker wire to fit out a movie theatre.
  • Convenient form factor for desktop use.

The Bad

• Slightly bland mid and high range.
  • Bass can get muddied, though it does pretty good
  • Sound signature doesn't excel at anything

Conclusion

A great value set of speakers for your lounge room or desktop PC. Will certainly bring a level immersion that cheaper speakers can't provide, and will provide a clear, loud listening experience but if you can spend a bit more, you can get more quality. Wouldn't want to spend any less than this on a 5.1 set up. Great for those with a mid-range audio budget.

The Z623s have a total RMS of 200w, but lack extremely in the mids and highs, and the lows are too overpowering. This, being a 5.1 system at 500w RMS, sounds like it either proportions the wattage properly, or suffers the same fate as the Z623s. According to you, I'd be right to assume that it does. Which is unfortunate. I think Logitech trapped themselves in a corner with "More bass!" at some point, and have not gotten out since. I'm looking to replace my Z623s with a pair of Mackie CR4s, solely because I need more balance, more accurate sound reproduction, and bass that doesn't overpower the rest of the music. 

@NonaHexa if you need accurate sound, I wouldn't use these, they are definitely more aimed at movie/gaming use. I use them as sound monitors when I'm editing videos and they're nowhere near as good as my headphones. The Bass doesn't overpower the music so much, it's more that all of the quality is in the bass, and even that gets a bit muddy from now and then. I think it uses effectively the same sub as the Z623s, but the speakers do sound better. 

@NonaHexa if you need accurate sound, I wouldn't use these, they are definitely more aimed at movie/gaming use. I use them as sound monitors when I'm editing videos and they're nowhere near as good as my headphones. The Bass doesn't overpower the music so much, it's more that all of the quality is in the bass, and even that gets a bit muddy from now and then. I think it uses effectively the same sub as the Z623s, but the speakers do sound better. 

I use a pair of ATH-M50Xs for monitoring whilst working, but a pair of monitors would be nice to have for testing audio in a desktop environment. Volume, clarity, stereo separation, and levels between different audio inputs. Even so, I wasn't looking to pick these up anyhow, but thanks for your input. :)