I need some advice about losing your job.

Korindo

So guys, i know this might be a bit of self pity thread here...

but early today, my boss has told me that i might lose my job and because im casual means i get no pay out or anything like that.

I'm 22 and ive never ever been fired from any job ive ever had, and i like the place work for, ive been there for almost 3 years. But I'm scared, just so scared that i have no finances to support myself.

I know i said might lose my job, but im really freaking out and im really sad and disheartened by it.

All im looking for is advice on how to deal with this.

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -

Start looking for a better job and when you find one quit on your own terms

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Grit your teeth, prepare for the worst and start looking for another job just in case to minimize the time you're out of work. If you don't lose your job you'll be pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed because you were hoping that you wouldn't lose it.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Sometimes a big change can be a good thing. You may find a job that will pay better and be even more enjoyable. It may be stressful finding a job, but you already know what you are doing seeing as you have 3 years of xp! I really hope you do not loose you job, best of luck.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

What poplupgao said.  Looks like it's time to move on, and it's better to quit a job then to get fired from a job.  Just make sure you have something good lined up for yourself before you quit and before they fire you.

Sorry bro.

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

So guys, i know this might be a bit of self pity thread here...

but early today, my boss has told me that i might lose my job and because im casual means i get no pay out or anything like that.

I'm 22 and ive never ever been fired from any job ive ever had, and i like the place work for, ive been there for almost 3 years. But I'm scared, just so scared that i have no finances to support myself.

I know i said might lose my job, but im really freaking out and im really sad and disheartened by it.

All im looking for is advice on how to deal with this.

Its the same as "OMG my girlfriend dumped me after 4 years". Move on - its not the only job in the world. Since you got free time - buy a newspaper, read job offers on internet, walk around town and look for job offers on windows or call your friends/family if they know someone who needs a guy to hire. Sitting at home going "omg what im gonna do now" is useless waste of time...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Personally i would just start looking for something better and leave on your terms like piplupgao suggested, i know how you feel in regards to liking where you are and having been there for years however there are always better positions and better companies out there ;)

What poplupgao said.  Looks like it's time to move on, and it's better to quit a job then to get fired from a job.  Just make sure you have something good lined up for yourself before you quit and before they fire you.

Sorry bro.

I don't think he should quit if he likes this job so much but I agree he should look for a new job to make sure it won't be as bad if he does lose his job hopefully he doesn't lose it though

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

You can still get unemployment.

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

Sorry bro.

In my experience it looks just as bad to quit a job as it was to be fired from one, I was working as a security guard and after the company started running into troubles they started lowering my hours from 52 per week to 18 then finally to 8 so I told em to get f***ed and I quit. When I applied to several other jobs they asked about that citing that they would be worried that I might quit if they cut my hours too much, I ended up not getting hired by 3 separate places like that.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I don't think he should quit if he likes this job so much but I agree he should look for a new job to make sure it won't be as bad if he does lose his job hopefully he doesn't lose it though

It's just a bit of a strategic move.... He can tell future employers he left to further his career, not that he was fired for poor yields or anything like that.  It's just a sucky situation he is going to have to try to make the best out of. 

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

It's just a bit of a strategic move.... He can tell future employers he left to further his career, not that he was fired for poor yields or anything like that.  It's just a sucky situation he is going to have to try to make the best out of. 

I just think if he has a job he enjoys which few people have he shouldn't throw it away like that I agree he should definitely look for other jobs just in case but like @ said quitting can look just as bad as getting fired

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

First feel bad or bitter about the whole thing.

Second, realize that you couldn't have done anything about it.

Third thank your boss, for having given a heads up.

Fourth, tell your boss that you will be using him as a reference at your new place of employment. 

And while getting the next job, use all those three years of professional experience just exude from you, confidence, focus etc...

Good luck.

thanks for the words guys, yeah i know some people would think that feeling self pity for myself is a waste. but i do need to wait and see before i start getting to deep i suppose.

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -

Dont.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.