Why is it that every professional piano player i see play a song seem to be having a seizure?

babadoctor

Any piano players out there? 

Could you explain this to me?

They move their head up and down, all around, and just bounce around like some sort of crazy animal...

Have no idea why they do this, its really bothering me...

will i do that when i learn to play a song well?

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Any piano players out there? 

Could you explain this to me?

- -

They move their head up and down, all around, and just bounce around like some sort of crazy animal...

Have no idea why they do this, its really bothering me...

will i do that when i learn to play a song well?

Probably visualizing their:  current action, planned action, and thinking about the chance of a groupie for backstage fun.  ;)

Probably the same reason tennis players have the universal tennis grunt.

Dey just do

I was hoping for more of an answer, but okay.

Probably visualizing their:  current action, planned action, and thinking about the chance of a groupie for backstage fun.  ;)

I dont understand

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

I see similarities with different musicians. Some guitarists make faces while shredding/playing very intense sections. Drummers as well.

They are extremely focused on the tempo, and obviously the song they are playing.

I play piano and have entered some competitions. The reason why they do this is because music is like a living spirit and can move a person so deeply that the physical body naturally moves and animates along with the flow of the powerful expression.

It CAN be nothing more than choreography(and in most cases it probably is) in some people who desire to be perceived as more authentic in their performance and garner more supposed credibility.

Eventually, for most serious and inspired musicians, moving to some degree with the flow of the music is almost inevitable, and how you do it can be just as much of an artform as the music itself coming from within you and into the audible realm.

@Philosobyte

Did my post help you? Then make sure to rate it!

Check out my post on symbolic links! || PSU ranking and tiers || Pokemon Thread

I play piano and have entered some competitions. The reason why they do this is because music is like a living spirit and can move a person so deeply that the physical body naturally moves and animates along with the flow of the powerful expression.

It CAN be nothing more than choreography in some people who desire to be perceived as more authentic in their performance and garner more supposed credibility.

Eventually, for most serious and inspired musicians, moving to some degree with the flow of the music is almost inevitable, and how you do it can be just as much of an artform as the music itself coming from within you and into the audible realm.

@Philosobyte

wow okay :)

do you have any pointers for a young aspiring pianist?

had no idea music could be a "living spirit"

wow okay :)

do you have any pointers for a young aspiring musician?

had no idea music could be a "living spirit"

Well, I'm not actually that good(still learning czerny 40). What I said above is just what I've perceived from watching and listening to music. As for pointers for aspiring musicians, I know this is cliche, but practice is everything. The quantity of practice is important, but so is the quality. When learning a new song, pace yourself. Don't start out trying to play it fast. Practice slowly and you will make yourself a good foundation.

Did my post help you? Then make sure to rate it!

Check out my post on symbolic links! || PSU ranking and tiers || Pokemon Thread

Well, I'm not actually that good(still learning czerny 40). What I said above is just what I've perceived from watching and listening to music. As for pointers for aspiring musicians, I know this is cliche, but practice is everything. The quantity of practice is important, but so is the quality. When learning a new song, pace yourself. Don't start out trying to play it fast. Practice slowly and you will make yourself a good foundation.

:) thank you!

That guy look he could be a younger version of the professor from the periodic videos youtube channel xD

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I don't see it? Unless you mean his head bobbing? Many people do things like that to keep in sync with other things they are doing, sometimes even without knowing it. Helps them concentrate or they just get lost in what they are doing.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Music is a way for people to express themselves freely - you see it in the way the piano sounds - every pianist has differences in the way that they play a piano based on their character.

And one of the ways that people express themselves when playing music is to swing around like that. Not a seizure, they're just "feeling the groove", as it were.

Would you prefer it if a person just came up to a keyboard, played every key perfectly in succession without moving anything but their arms, and then just left? That's uninteresting, that doesn't convey any emotion or feeling, and that's why the performances from people who do play the piano like that sound sub-par to people who are used to hearing music being played with feeling and soul.

Because the musician probably enjoys the music he's playing. It's like listening to music you enjoy so much that you start banging your head