Windows 10 virtual desktop design flaw?

TheArium

This will be a short rant. I post because of the possibility that I am overlooking something that could explain this odd behaviour.  ;)

Here goes. The virtual desktop feature in Windows 10 is awesome. I use it all the time. However, one specific feature annoys the crap out of me. I often have multiple Word documents open at the same time. So lets say I have 3 virtual desktops open and I have sorted my open Word documents between them, if I go to desktop 2 or 3 to open a new document (which I have decided belongs to that desktop!), Windows 10 still insists on automatically scrolling back to desktop 1 and open it there. What the heck?! The same goes for web browsers and really any programme which has an instance(s) running on multiple desktops.

This means that instead of just opening the document like I wanted, I have to Open document -> win+tab to open overview -> drag the window back to desktop 3 with the mouse where it belongs -> go to desktop 3 to view it with the other documents in its category.

Man, this is annoying. I have to perform a finger circus on my keyboard and mouse every single time I open a document. Not really user friendly...

//rant

With that out of the way, I'm curious how you experience this behaviour in your daily use? Is there a reason this is actually a clever design or is it a design flaw?

Btw I have it set up so that icons and windows only appear on the desktop I'm using.

Classic Microsoft. Implement a feature that has been on other OSes for over a decade and still manage to fuck it up.

They are very app type centric with their desktop feature. The Windows taskbar is basically setup to only care about applications now and it groups them, which IMO is a real pain. It saves space but its become really difficult to use two instances of the same app. The virtual desktop could have helped reduce some of the pain of the taskbar but it didn't it actually just continues the philosophy.