What fans to get to replace broken stock NZXT ones?

Embattled
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

Would I really notice a big difference in cooling? I have been running it with the two fans broken for 2 weeks now and my temps are hotter than usual but not anywhere near dangerous. I suppose then positive pressure would be a bigger deal since I wont have the clean the goddamn dust as often. 

not a huge difference, you would probably get better cooling then you have now, so I would go with the quiet bequiet fans :)

and yeah that will reduce dust quite a lot because the entire back panel of the S340 is mesh and a ton of stuff comes in from there

Hi guys! 

My top and rear exhaust fans on my NZXT S340 have decided to kick the bucket but I was planning on splurging a bit and replacing them anyways. I want something with decent airflow but with a little more emphasis on silence since my computer sits on my desk rather than under me.

My criteria are:

• PWM
  • Black fan although blue would also be acceptable
  • Black cable

I need a 120 and a 140 although I have heard that in the S340 it is better to forgo the top exhaust completely and put a dust filter there instead? 

Noctua if price isn't a problem.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

noctua industrial PPC if you want his performance and dont mind noise

bequiet for silence

I have heard that in the S340 it is better to forgo the top exhaust completely and put a dust filter there instead? 

for positive air pressure yes

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Fractal Design Venturis(?)

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

dark rock silent wings 2

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

noctua industrial PPC if you want his performance and dont mind noise

bequiet for silence

for positive air pressure yes

Would I really notice a big difference in cooling? I have been running it with the two fans broken for 2 weeks now and my temps are hotter than usual but not anywhere near dangerous. I suppose then positive pressure would be a bigger deal since I wont have the clean the goddamn dust as often. 

not a huge difference, you would probably get better cooling then you have now, so I would go with the quiet bequiet fans :)

and yeah that will reduce dust quite a lot because the entire back panel of the S340 is mesh and a ton of stuff comes in from there

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Awesome! Guess I'm going to have a Silentwing 2 and a 140mm dust filter on it's way :D