Intel Core i7 + 32gigs of ram

Hello,

I've been following linustechtips for a while and this is my first forum post. I decided that this year I was gonna build my first PC and I was super excited. I've enjoyed researching learning so many new things, but I wanna make sure that I'm on the right track.

Like so many, I want my PC to be gaming capable for high graphics performance. I watched a really great Intel Core i7-4930K Processor. Can someone tell me whether or not I'll be able to play games with that much ram and this processor together? Or am I going to need a mother board with little bit more ram capacity?

Also I'll be starting off with the MSI R9 390X GAMING 8G Graphics Card for now and I'll be upgrading to what Linus used later. For budget reasons of course. 

Best Regards,

Mike

Super Excited To Build!

Why do you even need 32 gigs

I'll be to play games with high performance when I pair 32gigs of ram with the Intel Core i7-4930K Processor.

ram does not effect preformance unless its a APU or the ram is bottlenecking gpu

Hello,

I've been following linustechtips for a while and this is my first forum post. I decided that this year I was gonna build my first PC and I was super excited. I've enjoyed researching learning so many new things, but I wanna make sure that I'm on the right track.

Like so many, I want my PC to be gaming capable for high graphics performance. I watched a really great Intel Core i7-4930K Processor. Can someone tell me whether or not I'll be able to play games with that much ram and this processor together? Or am I going to need a mother board with little bit more ram capacity?

Also I'll be starting off with the MSI R9 390X GAMING 8G Graphics Card for now and I'll be upgrading to what Linus used later. For budget reasons of course. 

Best Regards,

Mike

Super Excited To Build!

A good think to do first is to follow this topic

You won't forget you posted something ^^

Concerning your build

What do you plan to do, only gaming ? If yes you don't need 32gigs

You need MAX 16gigs of ram for gaming ^^, and in most case 8 are more than enough.

4930k is not LGA1150. A 4790k would work though.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

That MOBO is not compatible with that CPU. 

You don't need 32GB of RAM for gaming.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

You will need a x79 motherboard which it hard to find in some countries. 

Magical Pineapples