Please Help! SSD not recognized by BIOS and Windows 10 setup!

JaZoN_XD

My friend and I are building a computer and we've found that the 850 evo is not being recognized by the BIOS. We updated to latest BIOS and it still does not get recognized. We have determined that the SATA ports are NOT the problem and the motherboard is the MSI B150 PC MATE. Any help please?

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

Try it in another system? And it could be DOA.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

My friend and I are building a computer and we've found that the 850 evo is not being recognized by the BIOS. We updated to latest BIOS and it still does not get recognized. We have determined that the SATA ports are NOT the problem and the motherboard is the MSI B150 PC MATE. Any help please?

how can you tell it doesn't see it?

are you checking in the bios?

reset the bios to defaults then check

also..try a new sata cable

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

how can you tell it doesn't see it?

are you checking in the bios?

reset the bios to defaults then check

also..try a new sata cable

Or Sata port. some Mobos have boot drive ports check the manual! 

Pc Speck's : i7-6700K 4.0GHz , GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB , 16 GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 - 3400 , ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz , (2) Acer G277HL bid 60Hz.

In my laptop I had to go through weird stuff in the BIOS. Have you really tried everything (in a careful and thoughtful manner of course) or just booted into BIOS and it was not there?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Or Sata port. some Mobos have boot drive ports check the manual! 

Op clearely states the SATA port is not the problem.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

Just in case ... did you power it appropriately? Don't kill me I know your not dumb. Things ... happen

3.Use

Op clearely states the SATA port is not the problem.

:P ive said the same thing, and working on settings it seems nothing should have been wrong the next day the only problem left was guess what?  it was the sata port! its allways good to triple check 

Pc Speck's : i7-6700K 4.0GHz , GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB , 16 GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 - 3400 , ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz , (2) Acer G277HL bid 60Hz.

it was the sata port! its allways good to triple check 

You're right.

3.Use

Alright guys thank you for all the help. I found the problem. It was the STUPIDEST problem ever. Pls kill me. The SATA power was not FULLY plugged in - it was plugged in where pulling it out took resistance so it seemed like it was in... I'm sorry, I have disgraced the PC building community

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • Corsair TX750M

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

Alright guys thank you for all the help. I found the problem. It was the STUPIDEST problem ever. Pls kill me. The SATA power was not FULLY plugged in - it was plugged in where pulling it out took resistance so it seemed like it was in... I'm sorry, I have disgraced the PC building community

You realized your mistake. That is what counts. If we could help you we (or at least I am happy).

3.Use

/me slaps jazon :blink:

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

/me slaps jazon :blink:

.-. *hugs* jazon its ok bby it happens to the best of us T_T

.-. *hugs* jazon its ok bby it happens to the best of us T_T

Glad i'm not the only one TT_TT

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • Corsair TX750M

Sim Equipment