Wi-Fi keeps going down while using laptop

Go to solution Solved by fire219,

BTW: the "other WiFi thing" is the cable modem. In basic terms, it converts the signals of the ISP's own network to something that yours can understand.

Sometimes routers not not exactly stable, especially cheaper ones like your own. There's not a whole lot you can do about it. You probably should just get a new router (a better one this time. People here can help with suggestions).

hi!

Since around Christmas my router (photo's and everything attached) Is always going down.

But this only happens when I use my laptop, not while using my phone. Could it be a problem with my laptop?

when I connect with my laptop, it's still up for around 5-10min, and then we have to go and reset it again because it's down... :/

(Ã wired connection is not an option!)

Thanks in advance!

Obvius1

This is my router:

post-250244-0-30278500-1452414859_thumb.

The thing that also has to do something with Wi-Fi, but idk what:

post-250244-0-80044600-1452349319_thumb.

any questions? down below!

Change the channel to 1 or 2 if there isn't too much congestion already.

get wifi analyzer on your android phone and check on which channels other wifi routers in your area are sitting.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

BTW: the "other WiFi thing" is the cable modem. In basic terms, it converts the signals of the ISP's own network to something that yours can understand.

Sometimes routers not not exactly stable, especially cheaper ones like your own. There's not a whole lot you can do about it. You probably should just get a new router (a better one this time. People here can help with suggestions).

The Cheap SFF Wonder -- Turning a Core 2 Duo SFF machine into a useful member of computer society!

i5 3570 -- AS.Rock Z77 Pro3 -- 12GB DDR3 -- R9 380X -- 840Evo 500GB/1TB HDD 

I speak the honest truth with a bit of snark mixed in. I'm sorry if it doesn't line up with your beliefs.

thanks for the replies! can't find any switches for setting it to channel 1 or 2, maybe it is, because it is indeed a cheaper model, we payed around 80euro for it (around 85-90$) on what price point does they become like good ones?

but still, why does this only happens while using laptop and not phones?

our connection is also one of the only ones on that spot with the Wi-Fi-app.

It is possible that a firmware update causes conflicts between your laptop and the router. I had issues in the past with said case and for us the solution was buying a new router; You should consider this, because you have a wireless n network, and it will be a little bit more on the outdated side of things soon as wireless AC will replace it. *Your laptop probably doesn't support AC but it would be better to get anyways*

Spoiler

Intel G3258 (Corsair H60, OC'd to 4.5 GHz) | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB (1x8) | Gtx 750Ti | Corsair CX500M | WD Black 750 GB 7200 RPM HDD | Cooler Master Elite 335U (donated by friend)

actually, it does support it, never underestimate me boy :P

But I will be on the hunt for one! thanks everybody!