The witcher 3 just works badly with my PC...

tROVLET

I dont know why, when i enter city or some place i have so much fps drops and it drop's to 40 and sometimes 35

its very annoying, my pc is not the weak, i have GTX970, i5 4690k, 8GB Ram 

what is the problem? i have the latest drivers!
this is the setting's im using!
http://imgur.com/a/09EDt

You should be able to run Ultra no hairworks at 50fps.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I have the same specs and it also happens to me. The cpu usage goes to 100% when loading the city so it has nothing to do with the gpu. I am able to run this game on ultra with hairworks set to the lowest settings at 55fps.

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5

Something odd going on there, how is your CPU utilization? I know i likes i7s

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Full specs please.

Don't start a post without pc specs.

Strange. Most people with GTX 970 / R9 290 class hardware are having a good experience. But many people consider 40fps playable in games like witcher 3.

Try switching off gameworks (that's normally the first thing to do).

I dont know why, when i enter city or some place i have so much fps drops and it drop's to 40 and sometimes 35

its very annoying, my pc is not the weak, i have GTX970, i5 4690k, 8GB Ram 

what is the problem? i have the latest drivers!

this is the setting's im using!

http://imgur.com/a/09EDt

check gpu usage with msi afterburner on screen displayt

I have the same specs and it also happens to me. The cpu usage goes to 100% when loading the city so it has nothing to do with the gpu. I am able to run this game on ultra with hairworks set to the lowest settings at 55fps.

This is weird cause I'm running The Witcher 3 on almost max settings with an i5-4670 and two GTX 980s at 3440x1440. The FPS is at a minimum of around 58FPS in cities.

This is weird cause I'm running The Witcher 3 on almost max settings with an i5-4670 and two GTX 980s at 3440x1440. The FPS is at a minimum of around 58FPS in cities.

Weird indeed... I highly doubt this has anything to do with the gpu. My fps settles down once the cpu is done loading the city.

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5

*insert 3.5GB V-RAM joke here*

Now that we're done doing that:

Disable V-Sync.

But even then that's some low FPS on those settings.

I run it at higher settings than that and rarely go above 1.8 GB usage on my 970. Witcher 3 barely touches the vram.

Lol you could flat out max it, I can max it on 2x 970s unless the extra 4 threads on the i7 make a difference

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

What do your config files look like? I do believe there are options to edit when using nVidia cards that you can make to increase performance.

Also, what driver are you using?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Ah ye I thought I read it somewhere, there is a video here :

http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-cpu-benchmarks-fx-63008350-i7-4790ki5-4690ki3-4130g3258-oc/

It compares Pentium, i3, 15 and i7 and in normal play there is too much difference, however when they go into Novigrad the i7 pulls away by as much as 20 FPS on some scenes​

Ryzen Ram Guide

That really doesn't make any sense to get such shitty performance. Are you running really crappy RAM or do you have a dying hard drive? I run much higher settings (e.g., AA = on, AO = HBAO+, Foliage range = high, texture quality = ultra, shadow quality = high) on a Xeon E3-1231v3 + GTX 970 with 8 GB DDR3-1600 (I haven't played TWC3 since getting my 16GB DDR3-2400 kit) and I don't drop below about 57 fps at any time in Novigrad. Do your other games run as well as benchmarks show? Because your settings are really low and you should be killing the game with them set there.

Lol you could flat out max it, I can max it on 2x 970s unless the extra 4 threads on the i7 make a difference

The CPU is my bottleneck.

Your CPU has a much higher clockspeed than mine, which makes it quite a bit faster when it comes to games.

Also, are you running 3440x1440? And if yes are you using G-Sync? Cause I don't want to drop below 60FPS.

Edited by Senzelian

Your CPU has a much higher clockspeed than mine, which makes it quite a bit faster when it comes to games.

Also, are you running 3440x1440? And if yes are you using G-Sync? Cause I don't want to drop below 60FPS.

Well sometimes on my 1080P IPS others on my 4k TV, obviously I don't get 60FPS @4k but I would have thought 2x 980ti would destroy 1440P

Ryzen Ram Guide

Well sometimes on my 1080P IPS others on my 4k TV, obviously I don't get 60FPS @4k but I would have thought 2x 980ti would destroy 1440P

Normal GTX 980s.

Not Tis... :P

I bought a 980 2 weeks after launch and another one for SLI 2-3 months later.

Normal GTX 980s.

Not Tis... :P

I bought a 980 2 weeks after launch and another one for SLI 2-3 months later.

Hmm but even then, a little clocking, however the issue will remain when going through the populated areas (I like it cause it's finally a positive side to outlay I paid for the i7. Always picked i7 over i5 "just incase" since i7 860). It could be worse, the AMD FX chips appear to be horrible

Ryzen Ram Guide

You should be able to run Ultra no hairworks at 50fps.

I know right! wtf is this?

*insert 3.5GB V-RAM joke here*

Now that we're done doing that:

Disable V-Sync.

But even then that's some low FPS on those settings.

I can disable the V-Sync but it wont realy help

I'm pretty sure i get to 100% as well at cpu usage

How i can check it? what does it mean hehe

Full specs please.

asus z97-K

seasonic 620W 

corsair ddr3 8gb/1600

gtx970 G1

WD 1TB SATA3

ssd 250gb bx100

and i5 4690K

Strange. Most people with GTX 970 / R9 290 class hardware are having a good experience. But many people consider 40fps playable in games like witcher 3.

Try switching off gameworks (that's normally the first thing to do).

What is the gameworks?

and when i drop even to 50FPS i feal like my brain is working in slowmtiom, i realy hate it below 60fps, thats why i play on these low settings

check gpu usage with msi afterburner on screen displayt

i check it awhile ago when the problem was still there, - GPU- min 30 max 57 cpu min 34 max 68 ram max usage - 5.2GB, its the Temp, ill check GPU usage soon!

dafuq? im running it like garbage at 1080P

Weird indeed... I highly doubt this has anything to do with the gpu. My fps settles down once the cpu is done loading the city.

its almost always stay low FPS even when im in the city for quite time

I run it at higher settings than that and rarely go above 1.8 GB usage on my 970. Witcher 3 barely touches the vram.

so whats the problem?

Thats why im sad

What do your config files look like? I do believe there are options to edit when using nVidia cards that you can make to increase performance.

Also, what driver are you using?

http://i.imgur.com/Os0SSXH.png

driver 

Ah ye I thought I read it somewhere, there is a video here :

http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-cpu-benchmarks-fx-63008350-i7-4790ki5-4690ki3-4130g3258-oc/

It compares Pentium, i3, 15 and i7 and in normal play there is too much difference, however when they go into Novigrad the i7 pulls away by as much as 20 FPS on some scenes​

so does the cpu cause this drops?

That really doesn't make any sense to get such shitty performance. Are you running really crappy RAM or do you have a dying hard drive? I run much higher settings (e.g., AA = on, AO = HBAO+, Foliage range = high, texture quality = ultra, shadow quality = high) on a Xeon E3-1231v3 + GTX 970 with 8 GB DDR3-1600 (I haven't played TWC3 since getting my 16GB DDR3-2400 kit) and I don't drop below about 57 fps at any time in Novigrad. Do your other games run as well as benchmarks show? Because your settings are really low and you should be killing the game with them set there.

I have problem with dying light as well shitty fps, GTA V runs pretty ok i guess

here is the spec's : asus z97-K

seasonic 620W 

corsair ddr3 8gb/1600

gtx970 G1

WD 1TB SATA3

ssd 250gb bx100

and i5 4690K

im running it at 1080!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Guys update!
the gpu usage is from 0 to 99 in the game!
is that bad?

I have problem with dying light as well shitty fps, GTA V runs pretty ok i guess

You gotta have some malware running in the background or something, because Dying Light runs a locked 60 fps for me, and (1) your 970 is better than mine and (2) you cpu is better than mine for DL, since that game leaves threads 5-8 of my Xeon mostly idle. Out of curiosity, what's your Firestrike score?

Guys update!

the gpu usage is from 0 to 99 in the game!

is that bad?

If you turn settings to high/ultra are you getting 99% gpu usage in TWC3 with vsync off? I literally never drop below 99% gpu usage on that game when I have vsync off, it is extremely stressing to your gpu.

@tROVLET

I meant inside of them. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Novigrad and Oxenfurt are pretty CPU intensive.  I just finished the game running my 4690K at 4.6Ghz and 970SLI all settings maxed 1200p.  Got solid 60fps everywhere except those two cities.  I looked into it when I noticed the problem, and it does seem that i7s do pull ahead of i5s in these locations.

Your best options are to just walk around the city (I found the frame drops to be less frequent than when running), or download the fast travel from anywhere mod and use that to get to the closest signpost to your objective in the cities.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10;