HELP! All my RAM is being taken up by "System"

Ludo
Go to solution Solved by mcammidge,

It says "Error writing the value's new content." :(

Ok, just been checking the driver release notes and can see they have done a fix in the latest drivers, goto:

http://www.killernetworking.com/support/driver-downloads and download and install the latest suite (or if you just want the driver select driver only). Update that and it should fix the leak.

So I have 32GB of RAM, and whenever I turn on my PC, System take up almost all my ram alongside other programs.

PLEASE HELP!

http://prntscr.com/9nrcva

http://prntscr.com/9nrd1z

CPU: AMD FX 8350 @4.0GHz | Mobo: MSI 970 Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Quad Channel | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Reference | Case: BeQuiet Silent Base 800 Black | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Display: LG 34UM67 Ultrawide Monitor (x2) Vertically Mounted | Cooling: NZXT Kraken x61

Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K50 | Mouse: Mionix Naos | Sound: Beyerdynamic DT 770

have you tried leaving it for a few days and installing all windows updates?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Congratulations! You have a virus!

Or Windows Update is being a dick...

Oh, wait... What's the difference between Windows 10 and a virus? Nothing!

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Can you give me the full scroll of the task that take it up?

http://prntscr.com/9nrffn

http://prntscr.com/9nrfjd

http://prntscr.com/9nrfp2

CPU: AMD FX 8350 @4.0GHz | Mobo: MSI 970 Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Quad Channel | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Reference | Case: BeQuiet Silent Base 800 Black | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Display: LG 34UM67 Ultrawide Monitor (x2) Vertically Mounted | Cooling: NZXT Kraken x61

This always used to happen to me I just left it for a good 15 mins and it went. Btw is it at boot up? if so then its normal but if it just happens when its idle or so then dun dun duuuuuuuuuun %99.99(recurring) sure its a virus leeching onto system

This always used to happen to me I just left it for a good 15 mins and it went. Btw is it at boot up? if so then its normal but if it just happens when its idle or so then dun dun duuuuuuuuuun %99.99(recurring) sure its a virus leeching onto system

What can I do to find out if its a virus? Regular scan?

What can I do to find out if its a virus? Regular scan?

Try and do a full scan and use malwarebytes with  a custom scan on all drives and for rootkits

Leaving it yes, updates no.

Congratulations! You have a virus!

Or Windows Update is being a dick...

Oh, wait... What's the difference between Windows 10 and a virus? Nothing!

That has to be a virus or something... Windows can eat a lot of RAM at times but unless this is a bug, this is in no way normal behaviour that I would ever expect from it

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

You have a non-paged pool leak, normally caused by that nic (e2200). Fix is to load up regedit (start run and type regedit), browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Ndu\

change the "Start" value to 4 and reboot.

Should fix :)

Edit: Its a bug in the driver version, they may have actually fixed it so if you're not comfortable with the reg edit jump over to the killer networking site and grab the latest drivers, if this doesnt fix go on and do the regedit.

CPU: Intel i7-4790K | GPU: Asus Strix 2080 Super OC | COOLER:Corsair H110i GT | MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero | RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133mhz PSU: Corsair RM 1000 | CASE: Corsair C70 | MOUSE: Corsair M95 KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 RGB SSD: Samsung 256GBx2 Raid0 | OS: Windows 10 | DISPLAY: Dell S3220dgf

Memory leak. Update to Windows 10.1 or reinstall. 

Quite common. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

You have a non-paged pool leak, normally caused by that nic (e2200). Fix is to load up regedit (start run and type regedit), browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Ndu\

change the "Start" value to 4 and reboot.

Should fix :)

Edit: Its a bug in the driver version, they may have actually fixed it so if you're not comfortable with the reg edit jump over to the killer networking site and grab the latest drivers, if this doesnt fix go on and do the regedit.

How do I change the start value?

How do I change the start value?

double click it (in the right pane) and a box comes up with the current value, change it to 4 and click ok

CPU: Intel i7-4790K | GPU: Asus Strix 2080 Super OC | COOLER:Corsair H110i GT | MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero | RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133mhz PSU: Corsair RM 1000 | CASE: Corsair C70 | MOUSE: Corsair M95 KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 RGB SSD: Samsung 256GBx2 Raid0 | OS: Windows 10 | DISPLAY: Dell S3220dgf

double click it (in the right pane) and a box comes up with the current value, change it to 4 and click ok

Ok, just been checking the driver release notes and can see they have done a fix in the latest drivers, goto:

http://www.killernetworking.com/support/driver-downloads and download and install the latest suite (or if you just want the driver select driver only). Update that and it should fix the leak.

It seems to be working now, but I have another issue.

None of my web browsers are loading the internet, but all my other programs like skype and steam are working fine

Turns out Malwarebytes was preventing the browsers from working. All is good now!

Thanks all, especially mccammidge!

It seems to be working now, but I have another issue.

None of my web browsers are loading the internet, but all my other programs like skype and steam are working fine

I would highly suggest you to get a fresh install of windows. Or atleast get a low capacity HDD or SDD and install windows to it and just take files from your main storage.

Turns out Malwarebytes was preventing the browsers from working. All is good now!

Thanks all, especially mccammidge!

Glad this got sorted matey :)