Trouble installing sitecom range extender 300N

remyseroos

hi,

I'm having trouble installing the wl-330 range extender at my friends house. A quick summary:

They have a sitecom wireless router 300N (first they had another but we thought it might solve the problem to buy this one,.. not the case :()

So when i try to connect the extender to the router (by connecting the extender to my laptop with cable, opening the menu, basics tab, clicking on a  button called "site survey" (this should open a page with all the avalible networks), i get a page with the following info:

"No data received

Cant open the webpage because the server didn't send any data

error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"

We tried opening the page in another browser & PC but that doesn't makes a difference.

So after many days setting up things over and over, resetting, calling the support, we realized there was another same range extender new in box, so we tried that .... but the same results.

I hope someone has any idea how to solve this strange problem.

I have the latest firmware installed. I also tried to put in all the setting manual, but that doesn't helps.

I also tried to start from the beginning again, so re-installed the router and after that the switch, but that doesn't works.

But it's strange because after setting-up the repeater, I put in a Ethernet cable to the port on the back (to give an pc wired connection), I have full internet connection..?..

So the problem must be something with the WIFI but it's strange that it happens with both the extenders.

I read some stuff on the web about it and some ppl already trow the extender out of the window. So I think it might be better to just buy an new one, or do you have any other idea?