What's up guys, 

I bought a cooler master hyper t4 and it's a great cooler but above 50% it's really loud... I was wondering if it's worth switching out the fan for something else or just keeping it how it is and dealing with the noise?

Thanks for the advice in advance :)

I would save up and get a better cooler

The cooler itself is great and wouldn't it be better to invest like $20 in a fan than like $60+ for a new cooler?

What's up guys, 

I bought a cooler master hyper t4 and it's a great cooler but above 50% it's really loud... I was wondering if it's worth switching out the fan for something else or just keeping it how it is and dealing with the noise?

Did you overclock your cpu?

No, not yet. Haven't had a reason to mess with it. Maybe in the future when I'm bored and have time to mess with it. My case is a Raidmax tornado...so it has very limited air flow and I'm not sure I can improve it.

Why should that matter? It's a noise issue, not a thermal issue.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

No, not yet. Haven't had a reason to mess with it. Maybe in the future when I'm bored and have time to mess with it. My case is a Raidmax tornado...so it has very limited air flow and I'm not sure I can improve it.

Yes, the airflow can really affect your temps, but what temps is your cpu sitting at and what cpu do you have?

Ok,you could buy a fan from Noctua,the redux line is cheaper and has all the sizes.

Edit:Redux fans are not design for air pressure. You could try an sp 120 from corsair

What's up guys, 

First of all , did you OC ? That cooler is good for handling stock temps , but not more than mild overclocks.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

much thermal = gotta fan more = more noise

i mean it can be one of the reasons

much thermal = gotta fan more = more noise

i mean it can be one of the reasons

Any CPU under load is hot enough for a fan on a cooler to ramp up.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

What's up guys, 

I'd recommend a noctua nf f12, very very quiet but still very good cooling(high static pressure makes its suitable for use on a heatsink) 

CPU: Intel I5 4690K | GPU: Asus R9 280x | PSU: Evga 600w | RAM:8GB DDR3 | HDD: WD 1TB | HDD: WD 500GB | SSD: Sandisk 120GB 

Any CPU under load is hot enough for a fan on a cooler to ramp up.

That raises a question if the noise is under load or not

Yes, the airflow can really affect your temps, but what temps is your cpu sitting at and what cpu do you have?

I have a Intel i7 4790k and it sits around 38c-41c on idle when watching YouTube or on chrome 

Ok,you could buy a fan from Noctua,the redux line is cheaper and has all the sizes

Which one would you recommend?

Because if he plans to overclock in the future that heatsink will start to need more fan rpm to compensate. OP says it's loud at 50%, why it's even hitting 50% at stock clocks is beyond me.

I have a Intel i7 4790k and it sits around 38c-41c on idle when watching YouTube or on chrome 

Can we see the rest of your rig please, you might just need some case fans to reduce your thermals and noise levels, have you set your CPU fan to silent in you bios?

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Because if he plans to overclock in the future that heatsink will start to need more fan rpm to compensate. OP says it's loud at 50%, why it's even hitting 50% at stock clocks is beyond me.

Can we see the rest of your rig please, you might just need some case fans to reduce your thermals and noise levels, have you set your CPU fan to silent in you bios?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PztF7P

It's set to silent in the bios.

I dont know where you live,but the fans from Noiseblocker are really good,and sometimes cheaper than the noctua ones

The Eloop B-12p are really good

Also...1000 posts!!

Looks like you already have decent case fans, swap out the fan on the cooler then with something else as that seems to be the only thing I could recommend.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Side note: Have you set that RAM up correctly, you're using 2 very different kinds of ram, they're not rated the same and their latency are very different. You might see improvements from manually setting up those sticks to work together... from experience.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Side note: Have you set that RAM up correctly, you're using 2 very different kinds of ram, they're not rated the same and their latency are very different. You might see improvements from manually setting up those sticks to work together... from experience.

Thanks for catching that, all sticks run at 1600mhz and there's 4 sticks in total.

Thanks for catching that, all sticks run at 1600mhz and there's 4 sticks in total.

Your board might have loosened up the latency see if you can bring the numbers back to spec if they're not already. 

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Your board might have loosened up the latency see if you can bring the numbers back to spec if they're not already. 

No there was a error on my part when entering the pcpartpicker data, all the sticks are 1600mhz stick.