Help with cpu and motherboard compatibility

I have a motheroard (asus h61m-k) which supports cpus up to 77w and a cpu (i7-2600) which is max 95w. Even though in the bios a message shows up "this cpu is not supported", the system boots and runs smoothly. Should i be worried? Whats the worse that could happen? I was playing bf4 earlier and at some point it crashed (the cause could be anything) and it raised my concerned.

ehh. if you dont have the stock cooling and you wont overload it much... you should be good... worst case your mobo is gonna break... I doubt its gona fry anything else...

ehh. if you dont have the stock cooling and you wont overload it much... you should be good... worst case your mobo is gonna break... I doubt its gona fry anything else...

Well the VRMs could burn out which is less than ideal.

I'd look into replacing the board.

I see. Is there anyway i can limit the max amount of watt of my cpu? like limit the cpu to 77w? until i get a new mobo at least..

I see. Is there anyway i can limit the max amount of watt of my cpu? like limit the cpu to 77w? until i get a new mobo at least..

you can try reduce the core voltage & disable turbo core mode in the uefi :)

I think the 32nm spec for sandy was 1.05v - 1.175v so you should be able to set a voltage of 1.05v after disabling turbo