4790K OC/voltage info question

This is my first overclock and I've been googling for days to find info on this but first results:
4.8 ghz @ 1.280V set in the bios. XTU stress 4ish hours, 7zip benchmark left sitting overnight (oops), never going over 75-77C no random reboots or anything. Gaming sitting around 50-60C range with a dual GTX760 internal exhaust cards ~60-70% utilization. From what I've read this is either average or a little above average granted it's winter time and a little cooler ambient 21-23C. I've had it benching at 5 ghz but that was at 1.375V (read the article about siliconlottery and just setup my cpu like the one they had) and I wasn't really happy with temps in the 80s (almost 90s :o )

Now my question:
I've read about how settings in the bios usually differ from monitoring utilities but with the core voltage set to 1.280 in the bios the bios says it's either exactly 1.276 or 1.282 seemingly random but it doesn't change while in the bios only after a reboot or something. But in CPU-z, XTU, HWMonitor, random old windows vista sidebar gadget all report exactly 1.280V for core voltage (HWMonitor reports 0.952V vcore not sure what that's about, never changed depending on any of my settings). Is that just some magic coincidence or is my decidedly low end MSI Z97 G55 SLI board just amazingly consistent or am I just missing something?

Seems fine.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

The most reliable source for data is always your BIOS , so your voltage should be what the BIOS says

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

This is my first overclock and I've been googling for days to find info on this but first results:

4.8 ghz @ 1.280V set in the bios. XTU stress 4ish hours, 7zip benchmark left sitting overnight (oops), never going over 75-77C no random reboots or anything. Gaming sitting around 50-60C range with a dual GTX760 internal exhaust cards ~60-70% utilization. From what I've read this is either average or a little above average granted it's winter time and a little cooler ambient 21-23C. I've had it benching at 5 ghz but that was at 1.375V (read the article about siliconlottery and just setup my cpu like the one they had) and I wasn't really happy with temps in the 80s (almost 90s :o )

Now my question:

I've read about how settings in the bios usually differ from monitoring utilities but with the core voltage set to 1.280 in the bios the bios says it's either exactly 1.276 or 1.282 seemingly random but it doesn't change while in the bios only after a reboot or something. But in CPU-z, XTU, HWMonitor, random old windows vista sidebar gadget all report exactly 1.280V for core voltage (HWMonitor reports 0.952V vcore not sure what that's about, never changed depending on any of my settings). Is that just some magic coincidence or is my decidedly low end MSI Z97 G55 SLI board just amazingly consistent or am I just missing something?

first of all that is a great overclock if its stable. I would try using Aida 64 for stressing and monitoring though... it is a much more reliable source. 

You can get free trial on their website and the software to me is worth buying...

| Ryzen 9 3950X | EVGA 1200P2 | AMD 5700XT | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi | G. Skill 4x16GB 3600Mhz CL16 F4-3600C16D-32GTZN | 2x1TB Samsung 980 Pro | Lian Li O11 Dynamic |

The most reliable source for data is always your BIOS , so your voltage should be what the BIOS says

The bios can be tricky at some times though....

| Ryzen 9 3950X | EVGA 1200P2 | AMD 5700XT | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi | G. Skill 4x16GB 3600Mhz CL16 F4-3600C16D-32GTZN | 2x1TB Samsung 980 Pro | Lian Li O11 Dynamic |

The bios can be tricky at some times though....

Well if anything is better than software.

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

Well if anything is better than software.

like I said I think that aida64 is pretty dang reliable. They are always on top of updating their software with the newest drivers and including the newest hardware. Linus and many other pc enthusiast trust it as a main source of monitoring.

Wow thanks for all the quick replies I'll definitely Aida64 out

Wow thanks for all the quick replies I'll definitely Aida64 out

If your system is stable with the 5.0GHz at less than 1.4V that's really good, not many chips can even reach that due to thermal limits or voltages, usually both.

So short term update on aida64's stability test about 17 minutes it's reporting 1.296V or 1.304V coinciding with XTU's report dipping between 1.279-1.280. But the curious thing to me is that with static voltage setting aida's "CPU Core" stat idles around 0.4V with a minimum of 0.2V with static voltage setting where as XTU and CPU-z are reporting 1.280 still. Temps seem identical to 15 minute mark on a previous XTU stress test. Aida's non stability test statistics set CPU VID to be 1.278 and stays there with static voltage setting. So what I'm taking away from this is that aida's CPU Core stat is the missing different from bios setting voltage reading I've been reading about?