[Android] Have you rooted?

Enviousx

Like the question says, Have you rooted your Android device?

Answer yes if;

You have installed a custom recovery

You have flashed CM or another ROM onto your device

Rooted the stock Android that came with your phone

Leave a reply as to what you have done to your device if you feel like sharing what you've done.

- Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900f (International)

Just interested in what you guys over here at the LTT forums have done to your Android devices.

IT Student | Gamer | PC Enthusiast | Life Liver

Rooted both my nexus 4 and nexus 7 but I have the OPO now and just didn't bother only reason I rooted was cyanogenmod, sure you could get better battery life and more granularity with controls with rooting but it's too much effort imo. Used nexus 7 for a sixaxis controller so I could use it with limelight /moonlight and emulators but I haven't touched my nexus 7 for about a year. I might try rooting my OnePlus One down the line to get more control with nfc tasks/tools

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Yep, I've done it on my SGS II. Was great, but my unrooting went horribly wrong and ended in a brick. (ALWAYS CHECK YOUR CABLES!)

Hah, now I'm using the Plus model and it is some kind of root-proof?

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

Yes but since I am cheap and currently using a blu studio I can't do anything to it. I also have cyanogenmod on my kindle fire hd 2012 because the carousel is horrible.

rooted my HTC One M8 and then preceded to do absolutely nothing that needs a root afterwards. Adblockers didn't want to work for whatever reason so I stopped trying

Im to scared to brick my phone when i dont care for the benefits. 

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

Rooted both my nexus 4 and nexus 7 but I have the OPO now and just didn't bother only reason I rooted was cyanogenmod, sure you could get better battery life and more granularity with controls with rooting but it's too much effort imo. Used nexus 7 for a sixaxis controller so I could use it with limelight /moonlight and emulators but I haven't touched my nexus 7 for about a year.

Did you do anything such as custom kernels or did you just install CM?

I can't remember where but I've heard that some kernels help battery life.

nope. 

i have no need to root. i use my phone for texting and calls. and maybe some minecraft PE on the road, but besides that,  nothing else. no bloatware that i cant disable on my Samsung Galaxy S5

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Im to scared to brick my phone when i dont care for the benefits.

Been there and done that.

I rooted because I wanted the added features of rooting and xposed modules is also a must at the moment. Although I do see your point as some people may feel that they don't need the added features as I fell my friends, root your phone you'll enjoy it more as they're complaining about things that would be fixed or gone if they rooted and flashed a new ROM.

Your choice. I'd recommend it as long as you follow the steps correctly.

Search up on XDA Developers if you want to see more about rooting your specific phone etc. It's a great place to find information about rooting and custom ROMs.

overclocked and ad-blocked. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I have rooted my 2012 nexus 7 to dual boot with ubuntu, but my oneplus x isn't rooted - I have a laptop now and I don't see the point.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

overclocked and ad-blocked.

What device are you running and what is your overclock if you don't mind me asking?

Yes, but not on my current phone.

Been there and done that.

I rooted because I wanted the added features of rooting and xposed modules is also a must at the moment. Although I do see your point as some people may feel that they don't need the added features as I fell my friends, root your phone you'll enjoy it more as they're complaining about things that would be fixed or gone if they rooted and flashed a new ROM.

Your choice. I'd recommend it as long as you follow the steps correctly.

Search up on XDA Developers if you want to see more about rooting your specific phone etc. It's a great place to find information about rooting and custom ROMs.

Hmm might try it on my old s3 since upgraded to a s6edge.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

Hmm might try it on my old s3 since upgraded to a s6edge.

I rooted my old S3 as well, seemed so much better than the stock Android, altho the phone was quite old so the performance wasn't really as good as it I was flashing a newer device such as the S5 / S6.

My first rooted device is my Xperia Arc, running FXP Kernel, overclocked from 1GHz to 1.6GHz on CM9. Next device was my old S3, now running official CM13, and finally my Note 4, not overclocked or anything but I root so that I can play with different ROMs. Right now rocking Kyubi Note 5 Port on my Note 4.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

What device are you running and what is your overclock if you don't mind me asking?

Device is in signature. 

HTC One X rooted on 4.2.2 (last proper update from HTC ) Got a massive 1600MHz overclock up from 1500MHz. Gains are on point.

Some One X phones could do 1700MHz and some could only do 1550MHz. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Yes,

Sony XPERIA M dual running Cyanogenmod 13 (based on android 6.0.1) + FOTA Kernel + TWRP + Root.

I Can't void more warranty that that :D.

Rooted with ROM.

HTC Droid Eris

Motorola Bionic

Motorola Droid Razr Max

Rooted.

Galaxy S5

I'm pissed that Google dropped wallet and went to android pay though, because I can't get it to authenticate on my rooted phone.

I have rooted all of the android phones that I owned (Galaxy Ace, Galaxy S2 and my current phone Xperia Z3 compact).

I am kinda proud of myself :D I have rooted the Galaxy Ace when I was 14/15. I had no idea what it was, I just knew that I could do some cool thinks with it so I did it.

Currently I have rooted stock sony rom + XZDualRecovery + Xposed + some mods (Z5 camera/sound libs)