Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
1 minute ago, spwath said:

Hmm, just relized my current roll i have is 3oz.

Or about .19 lbs... a pound is a lot of solder...

But should be better than my .05" lead free radioshack solder

anything from a reputable brand is better than that.... Even their silver solder which I have used a number of times is no where near as good.

11 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

anything from a reputable brand is better than that.... Even their silver solder which I have used a number of times is no where near as good.

While I do not disagree with that statement I tend to lean to the side of its a diy keyboard without a pcb so basically if you can use it why not. A cheap tin solder is better than nothing if you already have it.

7 minutes ago, Charger said:

While I do not disagree with that statement I tend to lean to the side of its a diy keyboard without a pcb so basically if you can use it why not. A cheap tin solder is better than nothing if you already have it.

for some reason I thought about using the solder as wire

Got my first keyboard a few days ago, it's a Nixeus Moda V2 with Kailh Blue switches.

Despite being very pricey in my country (R$360), It really is a confortable keyboard, the keys have a nice sound and feel very uniform despite being made by Kailh.

The keyboard is very strong, it has a metalic top plate with the switches above it and the bottom plate is made of a very thick and strong plastic. It weights quite a lot and feels premium. It also comes with Mac keycaps and has a Windows/Option button lock and N-Key Rollover.

I plan to put some diferent sets of keycaps on it.

IMG_20160313_164739299.jpg

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

On 3/11/2016 at 9:07 AM, spwath said:

Hmm, just relized my current roll i have is 3oz.

Or about .19 lbs... a pound is a lot of solder...

But should be better than my .05" lead free radioshack solder

I bought that same roll of Kester (which is some amazing solder, for sure!) for $20 off ebay. It's definitely worth buying from ebay, since you save so much on it...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

7 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I bought that same roll of Kester (which is some amazing solder, for sure!) for $20 off ebay. It's definitely worth buying from ebay, since you save so much on it...

You may save but you may also get fake stuff that way.

59 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Allready bought it on Amazon for 30

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Due to insane pricing on good mechanical keyboards in my country had to settle for Razer Blackwidow Stealth which was in a reasonable price range.

Stampede

CPU: R9 5900X

COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

MOBO: X570 Aorus Pro (rev 1.2)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB

GPU: EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080

1 hour ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Due to insane pricing on good mechanical keyboards in my country had to settle for Razer Blackwidow Stealth which was in a reasonable price range.

if it was the tournament I would have been alright but I cant recommend the ultimate. You could have always imported one, just an idea.

7 hours ago, TheProfosist said:

if it was the tournament I would have been alright but I cant recommend the ultimate. You could have always imported one, just an idea.

I previously wanted to get a Das, but overseas shipping just costs too much Orz

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

5 hours ago, exousia7 said:

I previously wanted to get a Das, but overseas shipping just costs too much Orz

Me too, about maybe 14 years ago when Das was the only show in town that had blank keycaps. These days... not so much, so many options now!

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

I finally bought my first mechanical keyboard today.  I picked up a G710+.  It is going to take a bit of getting used to, as I'm upgrading from a K350, which has a non standard shape to it.  Typing feels lovely compared to the keys on the old board though.  I'm not sure if I like the gray keys on WASD and arrows though.  Eh, at least now I have an option to replace them if I decide to. :D

"I have always wanted to know as much as possible about the world." ~Linus Pauling

On 3/15/2016 at 3:14 AM, TheProfosist said:

I checked that option, import charges here are 37.5%(for electronics, cellphones, pc parts etc) out of entire purchase(item + shipping) so the price would be the same with a slight difference of 100 lower than what the store is selling.

Stampede

CPU: R9 5900X

COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

MOBO: X570 Aorus Pro (rev 1.2)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB

GPU: EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080

1 hour ago, Vash Baldeus said:

I checked that option, import charges here are 37.5%(for electronics, cellphones, pc parts etc) out of entire purchase(item + shipping) so the price would be the same with a slight difference of 100 lower than what the store is selling.

ouch gotta love countries that dont value international trade. I mean I know why they do it but that is far too excessive.

Due to continuous pain in my left hand I'm looking for new keyboard. I had similar problems in my right hand before, and it stopped hurting right after I changed my budget office mouse to a bit more ergonomic one (Logitech G602), and that's why I'm certain better keyboard will do wonders (currently I'm using laptop keyboard). 

I do have couple of requirements though. First of all is budget, I want to stay somewhere near 100 € price and should include shipping (I'm from Slovenia, I have no problems ordering in EU). If there are no good options I might go for a bit more money. My next and last wish is that the keyboard doesn't have numpad. I can't live without function (F1-F12) keys, but I can do without arrow keys, so if there are any options for that I'm listening. 

Other than that I have no requirements, it can be backlit, wired/wireless, ...

Any help will be appreciated. 

Just got my Corsair Strafe Browns with a white ABS keycaps from ducky :D Will add pics later :)

Magical Pineapples

I hear Gateron is better than Cherry. I just got a 120 browns and the very first one I picked up had no tactile bump at all, I kept pressing it in horror thinking they'd all be like reds... And after a few mins of tapping it and wiggling I tried another and was relieved... Now I'm going through the entire bag looking for any more reds in disguise and finding consistent they are not... half of these have somewhat more pronounced tactile bump than the other half.

Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

Hello guys! I bieve i can say that i am part of this club, since i have bought a corsair K70, with RGB lighting and it is equipped withMX brown switches. If anyone wants, i can send you some files of 3D keycaps like a scull, etc. Since i also own a scull caps lock button with a scull and an esc button. Send me a message if you want the diles.

Project "Transcend": i7 7700k-R9 380 4GB by MSi, Z170-HD3P

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $453 ($123 with sales)
  • Games owned: 76
  • Games not played: 40 (53%)
  • Hours on record: 667.0h

Hello guys! I bieve i can say that i am part of this club, since i have bought a corsair K70, with RGB lighting and it is equipped withMX brown switches. If anyone wants, i can send you some files of 3D keycaps like a scull, etc. Since i also own a scull caps lock button with a scull and an esc button. Send me a message if you want the diles.

I want blank white keycaps to go with my black Cherry MX Brown board, any ideas? Oh I wouldn't mind those keycaps with the characters printed on the side either.

- just helping out -

My purple zealios should be here soon ish. I'll have to see what's going on with my plates.

I think i might do a wood bass for the keyboard.

Keycaps should arrive in about a month.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I'm getting offered a Strafe RGB with MX Reds for 120 bucks. May I get it? Currently using a Ducky One with MX Reds' also

Main Rig: CPU: A10-7850K(+stock cooler) / MB: some random FM2+ OEM / GPU: GTX 660 / RAM: 16 GB-1600 mhz / PSU: CORSAIR VS650 / HDD: 1 TB WD Blue (games) + 1 TB SEAGATE (series/other) / SSD: KINGSTONE V300 128GB (OS) / OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits / CASE: Corsair 200R

Secondary Rig: CPU: A8-6800k (+stock cooler) / MB: MSI A78M-E45 / GPU: Using integrated from the APU / RAM: 4 GB 1600mhz / PSU: 500W (Came with the case) / HDD: 2 TB WD Blue (Movies) + External 4 TB CASE: B-Move Thyra

Peripherals: Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB / Mouse: Mars MM2 / Mousepad: Extended Tecknet (90x45x.3cm) Monitors: Asus VX248-HW (23") + Dell s2208wb (22") / Speakers: Logitech Z213

Extras: Phone: OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black /CM13 Nightlies

13 minutes ago, WhiteManito said:

I'm getting offered a Strafe RGB with MX Reds for 120 bucks. May I get it?

New? Hell yes. 

On 3/16/2016 at 9:03 PM, dejanmarolt said:

Due to continuous pain in my left hand I'm looking for new keyboard. I had similar problems in my right hand before, and it stopped hurting right after I changed my budget office mouse to a bit more ergonomic one (Logitech G602), and that's why I'm certain better keyboard will do wonders (currently I'm using laptop keyboard). 

I do have couple of requirements though. First of all is budget, I want to stay somewhere near 100 € price and should include shipping (I'm from Slovenia, I have no problems ordering in EU). If there are no good options I might go for a bit more money. My next and last wish is that the keyboard doesn't have numpad. I can't live without function (F1-F12) keys, but I can do without arrow keys, so if there are any options for that I'm listening. 

Other than that I have no requirements, it can be backlit, wired/wireless, ...

Any help will be appreciated. 

you could buy a razer blackwidow 2014 tournament edition, and a corsair k65. the blackwidow is 100$, and with backlit, but the k65 has genuine cherry mx switches made in germany, metallic build, and a really big wrist rest, which has helped me with my k70 rgb when i had the same problems with my wrists. I believe that if you can find the k65, buy it.