Picking Parts for a Custom Loop

So I am looking into a full custom water cooling loop for my system (Hardline). I know its not practical in any way shape or form, I just want it for looks. Please don't post if your here to tell me its a dumb idea because my system isn't what you typically water cool. I will be building in a NZXT H440 and am going for a blue/black theme. I would like to see the reservoir but i don't think there's room for it to be seen. I will have a budget of around $150 and i could probably go $50 more if its really worth it.

System Specs:

>CPU: AMD FX-8320

>Motherboard: MSI 970 Gaming

>RAM: G-Skill Ares 2133Mhz

>GPU: MSI Radeon R9 270X HAWK

>PSU: EVGA SuperNova 650G

>Case: NZXT H440

@W-L

edit: I want to cool my CPU and GPU

Breaking things 1 day at a time

your gonna need $300 for a small cpu loop only. $500+ to gpu. save up some more money. aesthetics? even more. this is what you can get at that price.

https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-kit-l120-r2-0

a 120mm small loop

no visible RAD, and not even that great for cooling. no blue/black asthetics

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

So I am looking into a full custom water cooling loop for my system (Hardline). I know its not practical in any way shape or form, I just want it for looks. Please don't post if your here to tell me its a dumb idea because my system isn't what you typically water cool. I will be building in a NZXT H440 and am going for a blue/black theme. I would like to see the reservoir but i don't think there's room for it to be seen. I will have a budget of around $150 and i could probably go $50 more if its really worth it.

System Specs:

@W-L

what parts would you like to watercool?

what parts would you like to watercool?

GPU and CPU. I should of mentioned that, sorry

good luck. youd need $500 for a basic gpu and cpu loop

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

good luck. youd need $500 for a basic gpu and cpu loop

sounds like a challenge

sounds like a challenge

its not. a 360 mm rad costs $100 and thats the minimum necessary rad size for a cpu and gpu. your yours, you'd need a 480 or  2 240mm. thats $150 already. if you want a good loop that wont kill your system, you have to be willing to spend the $$$

Rigs I've Built

System Specs:

@W-L

a gpu block alone costs 120 dollars, so I think you could do a cpu loop kit.

its not. a 360 mm rad costs $100 and thats the minimum necessary rad size for a cpu and gpu. your yours, you'd need a 480 or  2 240mm. thats $150 already. if you want a good loop that wont kill your system, you have to be willing to spend the $$$

Im going for 2x120mm. I technically already have one but its aluminum

You could use the EK-WB Predator kit

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

a gpu block alone costs 120 dollars, so I think you could do a cpu loop kit.

They don't make full blocks for my card that im aware of so a EK VGA Supermacy costs $50ish

Im going for 2x120mm. I technically already have one but its aluminum

that wont cool things well at all. a gpu alone needs 240mm or that. plus a back plate and block cost $70 cpu block cost $50 pump is another $70 tubing + coolant is like $40 and fittings are like $30. cooling loops are expensive. heres what you need

gpu block $50

cpu block $50

pump $70

res $30

rad 

fittings 

tubing 

coolant

psu jumper

loops are expensive

Rigs I've Built

Hardline though. Ill think about it

that wont cool things well at all. a gpu alone needs 240mm or that. plus a back plate and block cost $70 cpu block cost $50 pump is another $70 tubing + coolant is like $40 and fittings are like $30. cooling loops are expensive. heres what you need

gpu block $50

cpu block $50

pump $70

res $30

rad 

fittings 

tubing 

coolant

psu jumper

loops are expensive

sorry i meant 2x240mm. I have a PSU jumper. Distilled water and antifreze should work well. i have a 240mm rad but its aluminum if i need it from my Raijintek Triton

Hardline though. Ill think about it

hardline? even more expensive. now you need bending tools and measuring tools and extra tubing and compression fittings etc....

not gonna get that on a budget of $150

Rigs I've Built

hardline? even more expensive. now you need bending tools and measuring tools and extra tubing and compression fittings etc....

not gonna get that on a budget of $150

Bend by hand, i have tool i should need

and you want 2x240mm rads,right

and you want 2x240mm rads,right

yes. i have one but i need to figure out mixed metals if i use it

System Specs:

@W-L

Are you watercooling for overclocking or just for looks? You'll not get far overclocking wise with your motherboard however.

Back to the topic at hand, Jump on ebay and find the rads you want 2nd hand, this will greatly reduce costs. There are plenty of second hand EK blocks on ebay too, I nabbed a nickel plexi last year for half the retail price. Buy multi pack fittings if you can this will help reduce costs again.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Are you watercooling for overclocking or just for looks? You'll not get far overclocking wise with your motherboard however.

Back to the topic at hand, Jump on ebay and find the rads you want 2nd hand, this will greatly reduce costs. There are plenty of second hand EK blocks on ebay too, I nabbed a nickel plexi last year for half the retail price. Buy multi pack fittings if you can this will help reduce costs again.

OK. I plan to do overclocking too.

Added: why wont i overclock much with my motherboard

No he can't, they don't make them for AMD fittings.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

yes. i have one but i need to figure out mixed metals if i use it

What's this about mixed metals? Copper and Nickel is fine, copper and Aluminium is not, never mix aluminium and copper.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

What's this about mixed metals? Copper and Nickel is fine, copper and Aluminium is not, never mix aluminium and copper.

ok... What if i used my Raijintek Triton block since its free and it would add a pump, meaning i could buy one with less head-pressure, hopefully reducing cost

could i do this ina  hard-line loop? It looks like its made for soft tubing. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Computer-Radiator-Water-Cooling-Cooler-for-CPU-LED-Heatsink-Aluminum-360mm-/131686707190?hash=item1ea923aff6:g:AnQAAOSw-jhT~ZiJ