Picking Parts for a Custom Loop

Please listen to me:

DON'T MIX ALUMINIUM WITH COPPER!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_corrosion

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

sorry didn't see it was aluminum. I read copper somewhere in there

Your going to want to start with all new parts the Raijintek unit isn't that good especially the pump it wasn't designed for a full loop. For hardline your going to want to piece it together since there aren't really any hardline kits out there. As from previously note there is no full cover waterblock for that so it will require either a universal mount or ideally upgrade to something that gain more value with watercooling.

Your going to want to start with all new parts the Raijintek unit isn't that good especially the pump it wasn't designed for a full loop. For hardline your going to want to piece it together since there aren't really any hardline kits out there. As from previously note there is no full cover waterblock for that so it will require either a universal mount or ideally upgrade to something that gain more value with watercooling.

Well my current bloock (saving me like $50 on a block) combined with another pump so i can buy a pump with less head pressure which should be cheaper

Breaking things 1 day at a time

No he can't, they don't make them for AMD fittings.

Good point

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

Don't go for off brand pump units, the pump is the most important part of a loop, and is the heart of the system. 

Go for something like a D5 or DDC pump. 

Well my current bloock (saving me like $50 on a block) combined with another pump so i can buy a pump with less head pressure which should be cheaper

You will have one pump restricting a much more powerful pump...

I know you're trying here so I'll tell you what I did. I bought second hand parts, one of which was an EK Dual bay res/pump combo for £30 or so can't remember the exact amount. £30ish for half the components of your loop essentially... CMON!

Go to ebay right now and search for a dual bay res with pump.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Would it be worth just going soft tube? this would be my first build but my dad has experience with water and pipes

You will have one pump restricting a much more powerful pump...

I know you're trying here so I'll tell you what I did. I bought second hand parts, one of which was an EK Dual bay res/pump combo for £30 or so can't remember the exact amount. £30ish for half the components of your loop essentially... CMON!

Go to ebay right now and search for a dual bay res with pump.

But i won't have drive bays

Don't go for off brand pump units, the pump is the most important part of a loop, and is the heart of the system. 

Go for something like a D5 or DDC pump. 

Ok. New or used off Ebay?

Ok. New or used off Ebay?

If you can get everything new go for new it's a better guaranteed that things will work first time around, blocks as long as there is no corrosion or staining can be good used. For a brand new hardline based loop your looking at around a minimum of $500 USD for parts alone so depending how far you want to do it may be more worth it to upgrade the system instead of watercooling.

If you can get everything new go for new it's a better guaranteed that things will work first time around, blocks as long as there is no corrosion or staining can be good used. For a brand new hardline based loop your looking at around a minimum of $500 USD for parts alone so depending how far you want to do it may be more worth it to upgrade the system instead of watercooling.

so far its looking good for parts. I need a CPU block and a pump, along with fittings and tubing

how about this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106261&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-DIY+Cooling-_-N82E16835106261&gclid=Cj0KEQiAqqO0BRDyo8mkv9y259EBEiQApVQD_VFwGC_pGmjOZ7l4sd-S_Kkn1cQ08XOg7ViCS1ROjIQaAv7c8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

It's not much better than the ebay pump from my guess Thermaltake just rebranded it, like I said something like a DDC or D5 is something I wouldn't go below for a proper loop. 

It's not much better than the ebay pump from my guess Thermaltake just rebranded it, like I said something like a DDC or D5 is something I wouldn't go below for a proper loop. 

Do you think you can find me a good pump and reservoir for the same price or less (hopefully. Im at about $225 with radiators, blocks, and that pump/res)

how about this: https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-xres-100-ddc-mx-acetal\

edit: nevermind, theres no pump

Do you think you can find me a good pump and reservoir for the same price or less (hopefully. Im at about $225 with radiators, blocks, and that pump/res)

If your wanting a pump res combo something like this is good:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-xres-100-ddc-mx-3-2-pwm-incl-pump.html

While I don't recommend it since it's only an extra $20 for the DDC combo the DCP is decent but not quite:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-xres-dcp-2-2-incl-pump.html

If your wanting a pump res combo something like this is good:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-xres-100-ddc-mx-3-2-pwm-incl-pump.html

While I don't recommend it since it's only an extra $20 for the DDC combo the DCP is decent but not quite:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-xres-dcp-2-2-incl-pump.html

Whats a good black CPU waterblock ($30-ish)

Whats a good black CPU waterblock ($30-ish)

A second hand EK block?

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

A second hand EK block?

Im gonna use the XSPC one that W-L mentioned

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken