2 different gpu`s 1 rig

dickbutt

So. i just joined the glorious pc masterrace, and as the title suggests i was wondering if u can put 2 different gpu`s in one pc. answers are appreciated and you can also feel fre to answer on the poll i made.

You can put an MSI GTX970 together with a Gigabyte GTX970 if I'm correct.

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

It really depends which GPU's you are talking about. Try watching this for help:

You can, and they will both work.
They won't work together though.
You can't crossfire/SLI an AMD with an NVIDIA card...

( yet... DX12 plz... ( no I know, wont happen ))

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

While most will tell you that you cannot do two different GPUs, I have done it before with a 8400 Gs and my GTX 660.  (that 8400 GS was too slow and I just kicked it out forever though.)  Really, if you have both GPUs, try it.  This same thing didn't work with my GT 520 and the GTX 660 despite having installed drivers for both as well.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

While most will tell you that you cannot do two different GPUs, I have done it before with a 8400 Gs and my GTX 660.  (that 8400 GS was too slow and I just kicked it out forever though.)  Really, if you have both GPUs, try it.  This same thing didn't work with my GT 520 and the GTX 660 despite having installed drivers for both as well.

I have even had a 270x with a 8400GS in one system, with 2 displays running of of the 270x and the 3th running of of the nvidia card...

it worked

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

The manufacture can be different but it must be the same series card. HD 79xx + 79xx= works. 79xx + 78xx= won't work. One thing to keep in mind is if they are different clock speeds the faster one will down clock to the slower card.

EDIT: never mind i assumed you were talking about crossfire yes you can have 2 different GPUs in one system assuming you have adeqaute PSU to handle both cards along with auxiliary connectors and enough PCIe slots 

Yes, you can use different GPUs in one PC.

You can even use AMD and NVidia cards together in one system, but obviously it isn't possible to let them both work together with technologies like SLI and Crossfire.
But you could for example power one Display by a NVidia graphics card and another display with an AMD graphics card. Linus even made a video about something very similar: