Compressor for cleaning PC

Roboslash1

Hi.

Would this air compressor be good for cleaning a computer? Its in norwegian so you can take the description and put it into google translate. Also it says its for paints and airbrushing. Will this still work well for a computer?

Thanks.

http://www.clasohlson.com/no/Cotech-airbrushkompressor-/40-9444 

Desktop: Processor - Intel Core i7 5820K   Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3   RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB 2400MHz DDR4   GPU - Gigabyte GeForce 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB Case - Fractal Design R4 Window   Storage - x1 WD Green 1TB, x1 WD Green 2TB, x1 Samsung 850EVO 120GB, x1 Kingston SSDNow 120GB  PSU - Cooler Master B700 (700W)   Displays - x1 Dell E2214H, x2 Dell 1908FP-BLK   Cooling - Noctua NH-D14 SE2011  

Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Expert 2014   Mouse - Razer Deathaddder 2013   Speakers - Logitech Z906 5.1 OS - Windows 10 Pro   Headphones - Steelseries 9H, Sennheiser Momentum

Hi.

Would this air compressor be good for cleaning a computer? Its in norwegian so you can take the description and put it into google translate. Also it says its for paints and airbrushing. Will this still work well for a computer?

Thanks.

the link is broken, and it's cheaper just to buy compressed air

Desktop: Processor - Intel Core i7 5820K   Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3   RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB 2400MHz DDR4   GPU - Gigabyte GeForce 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB Case - Fractal Design R4 Window   Storage - x1 WD Green 1TB, x1 WD Green 2TB, x1 Samsung 850EVO 120GB, x1 Kingston SSDNow 120GB  PSU - Cooler Master B700 (700W)   Displays - x1 Dell E2214H, x2 Dell 1908FP-BLK   Cooling - Noctua NH-D14 SE2011  

Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Expert 2014   Mouse - Razer Deathaddder 2013   Speakers - Logitech Z906 5.1 OS - Windows 10 Pro   Headphones - Steelseries 9H, Sennheiser Momentum

Is compressed air effective? Im gonna use it quite a bit so I was wondering maybe this would be the better option in the long run...

Hi.

Thanks.

Broken link bro

Don't use a compressor for cleaning a computer unless you have an air filter attached to it. They tend to collect moisture in the bottom of the tank which you obviously don't want anywhere near your computer.

Is compressed air effective? Im gonna use it quite a bit so I was wondering maybe this would be the better option in the long run...

hey yeah its pretty effective at cleaning the computer from dust, just make sure its turned off before you do it.

you see this? this is my signature. btw im Norwegian 

Spoiler

CPU - Intel I7-5820K, Motherboard - ASUS X99-A, RAM - Crucial DDR4 Ballistix Sport 16GB, GPU - MSI Geforce GTX 970, Case - Cooler Master HAF XB evo, Storage - Intel SSD 330 Series 120GB - OS, WD Desktop Blue 500GB - storage 1, Seagate Barracuda 2TB - storage 2, PSU - Corsair RM850x (overkill i know), Display(s)- AOC 24" g2460Pg, Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, 2 Noctua 120mm PWM, 1 Corsair 120mm AF RED LED, Keyboard - SpeedLink VIRTUIS Advanced, Mouse - razer deathadder chroma, Sound - Logitech Z313, SteelSeries Siberia V2 HyperX Edition, OS - Windows 10 (prefer windows 7)

Compressed air is  good, but a clean once of twice every few months.

Although, in Australia compressed air is quite expensive and by the time you buy that many compressed air cans, you could probably buy an air compressor.

If you have an leaf blower, that also works quite well.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Broken link bro

idk works for me. Maybe its restricted for people in norway to view?

Don't use a compressor for cleaning a computer unless you have an air filter attached to it. They tend to collect moisture in the bottom of the tank which you obviously don't want anywhere near your computer.

It says it has a filter, and a water type filter also, to get rid of moisture.

You can get a pretty big can of air from Biltema for 70 NOK, depends on how dirty your place is. Obviously if your get this now, and then use it until you di then it'll work out in your favour as long as you get enough pressure out of the compressor

Broken link bro

Just search on clas ohlson cotech airbrushkompressor. I see your location is norway.

You can get a pretty big can of air from Biltema for 70 NOK, depends on how dirty your place is. Obviously if your get this now, and then use it until you di then it'll work out in your favour as long as you get enough pressure out of the compressor

Alright. Generally, how long does a 300ml can last? 

Alright. Generally, how long does a 300ml can last? 

I'm not sure, depends on how much dust is in there, how hard it is to get rid of and how meticulous you are, 

I'm not sure, depends on how much dust is in there, how hard it is to get rid of and how meticulous you are, 

Just a thin layer of dust in my case. I dont intend to use the air anywhere else.

that would be just fine, its literally just air

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Ok. Thank you for your answers. I'll just get a can of compressed air. 

Just a thin layer of dust in my case. I dont intend to use the air anywhere else.

I think you'll probably get atleast a couple of cleans, I guess it doesn't hurt to try it out and see. I have buddy that does it for me, or I just use a vacuum, q-tips and rubbing alcohol.

Most compressors nowadays have built-in separators so that not really so much of an issue any more.

@Roboslash1 a compressor around $50-$100 (USD) will be cheaper in the long run, more expensive up front. Just be mindful of the higher pressure it can put out so you will need to use the adjuster to make sure your pressure at the nozzle doesn't harm your components when used. Its relatively an easy thing to use as long as you are smart about it.

Compressed air can be cost effective if you don't use much at a time and can also be handy in certain situations but honestly go with the compressor. Better cost over time deal.

The compressor you have linked will work fine as it has both a separator and a pressure regulator at the hose connection, perfect. ;)

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

This doesn't really belong in General Discussion

EDIT: disregard this, kek

Edited by EvanClarkPDX

PROJECT Simplifyi5-4690K OC'd @ 4.2 GHz | GTX 760 | Ballistix Sport 8 GB | ASRock Z97M-ITX/AC | Corsair H80i GT | SilverStone SG13B |

UPCOMING| RX Series GPU | Mechanical Keyboard | Mirrorless Camera | 

VIDEO KIT: Canon SX520 HS | Opteka "Glidecam" | Zoom H5 | Shure SM58 | 

I'm 16 and I like to think I'm good at videography.

Most compressors nowadays have built-in separators so that not really so much of an issue any more.

@Roboslash1 a compressor around $50-$100 (USD) will be cheaper in the long run, more expensive up front. Just be mindful of the higher pressure it can put out so you will need to use the adjuster to make sure your pressure at the nozzle doesn't harm your components when used. Its relatively an easy thing to use as long as you are smart about it.

Compressed air can be cost effective if you don't use much at a time and can also be handy in certain situations but honestly go with the compressor. Better cost over time deal.

The compressor you have linked will work fine as it has both a separator and a pressure regulator at the hose connection, perfect. ;)

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I value that :D. I might get a can of air first, and then invest in a compressor later. I just wanna test out how effective the cans are. 70kr is not really a lot; its around 8 USD.