Why don't you have a Topre keyboard right now?

I'm not trying to tell you you should, this is simply a curiosity of mine.

Personally I didn't even know they existed until a while after I got my first mechanical keyboard, they kinda seemed odd and foreign to me. Upon becoming a regular browser of /r/mechanicalkeyboards I learnt that the people who had bought HHKBs were almost always in love with theirs, while all this time I had written them off as crazy people for spending that much.

At this time I was in the same boat as I assume many of you are in, they are super expensive for the most part, and I had already spend a lot of cash on a Filco. That is, until my saviour came, and that saviour is the Leopold FC660C, a decently affordable Topre keyboard. Many of the reviews for it say that it is a nicer typing experience than a HHKB, but I personally can't say anything towards that as I haven't used one.

Now here I am typing on Topre keyboard and loving every single keypress.

If you do have one, lets hear about it!

For more info on Topre key switches here are some links

Lots of into on this page: Here

You can find some info on this page: Here

Want to buy one?

Here is a good place (Shipping can take a while though)

Happy Typing everyone

Because I have my Filco rebrand at home and my laptop while I'm sitting in class right now struggling to stay awake.

If I can get my hands on a HH keyboard I would gladly if it were for a decent price, but they're somewhat hard to find and I'm no keyboard connoisseur. Supposedly they feel heavenly

Error: 410

I don't like the feel of the switches, but my wife can't live with her Topre keyboard.

Dont you mean can't live with out it?

The reason I don't have one? Money.

Agreed, I expect this to be the #1 option on the poll. They are great and all and worth the money if you have enough disposable income, but if not its hard to justify the benefits.

because i got a cherry mx keyboard

Good reason, added to the poll

Was curious about Topre, curious enough to throw caution to the wind and grab a Topre RealForce 103UB-55G and instantly fell in love with the feel, the utter smoothness of the downstroke....and the 55G suited me to a tee because I love heavier switch (like my MX Green and Black). The Realforce only got me started, so I went and got a HHKB Pro 2 and though it's only 45G, I love it all the same....the sheer feel of the hybrid spring/dome capacitive switch is, to me, sex for my fingers. Two isn't enough, should be getting a 2nd HHKB Pro 2 in a week or two....with that, two HHKB Pro 2's (one black and one white) and the Topre RF, these will be the daily drivers for my 3 rigs.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Same reason I don't own a cherry.

No where to try all switch types in person.

I might buy a Leopold FC660c if I was in the states, but as it is, I'd need to pay shipping/import tax as well, which puts it out of the running.

Well if i would be wanting to buy one, i would buy a hhkb pro. Don't like leopold.

But the reason for that is that i KINDA know how they feel like? it's kinda like.. premium rubber dome. That's not a negative. It cant be describes. Eventho i didn't use one, i kinda know by how they sound and stuff. 
Let me first have more experience with the mx switches and later ill get to hhkb pro:P

I wouldnt mind having one, but I could do better things with the money >.>