I5 6600k Streaming and Gaming?

Go to solution Solved by Jacktastic-Mofo,

But why not just a Xeon e3 1231 for the same price if he doesn't overclock.

He will overclock.

I will overclock

What do you do with your PC is the question we should all be asking you.

How would I do that?

Its a simple processes of using the H.264 encoder on your Nvidia GPU to send video data to another PC at a high bitrate. Since the bitrate is too high for twitch your second PC with re-encode the video data( the part the makes game performance suffer if you use one PC ) and then transmit it to twitch :) 

All you need is OBS and Ubuntu, 100% free. Its called RTMP streaming.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Its a simple processes of using the H.264 encoder on your Nvidia GPU to send video data to another PC at a high bitrate. Since the bitrate is too high for twitch your second PC with re-encode the video data( the part the makes game performance suffer if you use one PC ) and then transmit it to twitch :)

All you need is OBS and Ubuntu, 100% free. Its called RTMP streaming.

Thanks!

Darn Tootin

There is a B at the end and also just a 3? what one?

Darn Tootin

There 1150 and I have 1151 Motherboard.

Yes, it has 4 cores, 8 threads, and is clocked at 3.4Ghz with a turbo clock of 3.8Ghz so it is plenty capable of gaming and rendering / streaming.

Get the Xeon 1231v3.

Darn Tootin

There 1150 and I have 1151 Motherboard.

Oh, you already have the motherboard? Then try and get a 6600k as there is no Skylake equivalent currently out.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Oh, you already have the motherboard? Then try and get a 6600k as there is no Skylake equivalent currently out.

Will it still do good with brodcasting and gaming? Or would it be trashy, Would I need to get the i7 6700k?

Darn Tootin

Will it still do good with brodcasting and gaming? Or would it be trashy, Would I need to get the i7 6700k?

It'll be perfectly fine quite honestly, however if you have the money to spare and want the extra bit of performance I'd try and get a i7-6700k or do what another user and find a way to make your laptop the dedicated streaming device as that would be the most optimal situation.

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

It'll be perfectly fine quite honestly, however if you have the money to spare and want the extra bit of performance I'd try and get a i7-6700k or do what another user and find a way to make your laptop the dedicated streaming device as that would be the most optimal situation.

How much more performence would I get?

Darn Tootin

How much more performence would I get?

Probably not much, but any extra performance is nice. Check out my video here on how many cores you need for PC gaming, if 1 or 2 cores are working part time on streaming than you'll still have plentiful performance in games.

Probably not much, but any extra performance is nice. Check out my video here on how many cores you need for PC gaming, if 1 or 2 cores are working part time on streaming than you'll still have plentiful performance in games.

Ok thanks! I subscribed BTW

Darn Tootin

Thanks!

If you need instructions on how to do it message me in the future ok :)

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

If you need instructions on how to do it message me in the future ok :)

Sounds good!

Darn Tootin