Sp120 Thoughts

N_Bot

About to order 4 sp120 quiet edition fans. Are these good fans for exhaust and intake? And how are these in comparison to the performance edition?

They're okay

They look good and perform alright.

May wanna look at ek valdar fans for more static pressure/noise levels

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

I would opt for AF120QE

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

They're okay

They look good and perform alright.

May wanna look at ek valdar fans for more static pressure/noise levels

But the valdars are $20 each right?

I would opt for AF120QE

Yeah ok that's what I was thinking

But the valdars are $20 each right?

Yeah ok that's what I was thinking

They are yes

If you want aesthetics then the corsairs all day.

Quieter and more static pressure the EKs

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

They are yes

If you want aesthetics then the corsairs all day.

Quieter and more static pressure the EKs

I'm not sure if I want to spend $80 on fans. Not just looking for aesthetics but looking for a fan that's going to keep my rig cool.

I'm not sure if I want to spend $80 on fans. Not just looking for aesthetics but looking for a fan that's going to keep my rig cool.

If you would like some recommendations, it would help to list your specs.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

About to order 4 sp120 quiet edition fans. Are these good fans for exhaust and intake? And how are these in comparison to the performance edition?

I have the performance edition fans and given the horrid noise they make, they've well and truly put me off the QE versions.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

I use the SP120s and they work great for me, granted I'm not generating that much heat, but my system stays relatively cool, peaking at about 60C. Not to mention they look very nice, especially if your case has a window.

Main Rig:

| 13900K@6.1/4.7 w/TVB | Corsair h150i Elite LCD | Sapphire NITRO SE+ 6900XT@2710MHz | ASUS Z790 Strix-E | Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum 2x16GB@6200MT/s | Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO |

My Folding Stats

I use the SP120s and they work great for me, granted I'm not generating that much heat, but my system stays relatively cool, peaking at about 60C. Not too mention they look very nice, especially if your case has a window.

Yeah I have an s340 and 60c is really good for temps. Do you play intensive games?

Yeah I have an s340 and 60c is really good for temps. Do you play intensive games?

60c isn't that low for a 8320.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

All the time. Can run most tripleA titles at max settings with no thermal issues whatsoever

Main Rig:

| 13900K@6.1/4.7 w/TVB | Corsair h150i Elite LCD | Sapphire NITRO SE+ 6900XT@2710MHz | ASUS Z790 Strix-E | Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum 2x16GB@6200MT/s | Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO |

My Folding Stats

60c isn't that low for a 8320

It is considering I have my 8320 clocked@4.4GHz. The stock clock is 3.5GHz

Main Rig:

My Folding Stats

It is considering I have my 8320 clocked@4.4GHz. The stock clock is 3.5GHz

4.4ghz isn't that much and that still doesn't make 60c that low when considering the advertised safe core temp from AMD is 62c. That's like saying 75c is low for a 4690k. 

4.4ghz isn't that much and that still doesn't make 60c that low when considering the advertised safe core temp from AMD is 62c. That's like saying 75c is low for a 4690k.

Wow did not know the AMD reccomneded was 62c. Wow never mind on the temps then haha.

Wow did not know the AMD reccomneded was 62c. Wow never mind on the temps then haha.

Well its my first build and it only peaked there briefly over my 6 months of logs. when I game it never goes over 45C

Main Rig:

My Folding Stats

Its 72c now not 62.

60c while gaming is a bit high, my 5ghz overclock sits at a touch under 60c so I'm not sure why yours is so high at only 4.4ghz unless you're reading the wrong sensor.

Well its my first build and it only peaked there briefly over my 6 months of logs. when I game it never goes over 45C

Thats more like it. I do hope you're stress testing your overclock.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Oh ok. I see. What software do you use to monitor temps?

Its 72c now not 62.

It didn't change. It's 62c for FX cpus. 

I own 4 sp120 quiet editions. Tbh my Geild wings 12 UV blue performs better and more quiet..

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

Oh ok. I see. What software do you use to monitor temps?

HWMonitor

Main Rig:

My Folding Stats

They're fine, I suppose, if you're deaf. Obviously there are lots of fans out there that are unbearably loud, and Corsair's fans (so-called "Quiet Edition" fans included) are just some of them, but the problem is that they cost the same as some much better competition. Noctua fans aren't much more than Corsairs, but now that the LTT fans are sold out you can only get the ugly brown ones or the much more expensive PPCs. BeQuiet! however has fans that are nearly equal to Noctuas and much better than Corsairs in every regard, particularly noise, and they actually cost less.

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

They're fine, I suppose, if you're deaf. Obviously there are lots of fans out there that are unbearably loud, and Corsair's fans (so-called "Quiet Edition" fans included) are just some of them, but the problem is that they cost the same as some much better competition. Noctua fans aren't much more than Corsairs, but now that the LTT fans are sold out you can only get the ugly brown ones or the much more expensive PPCs. BeQuiet! however has fans that are nearly equal to Noctuas and much better than Corsairs in every regard, particularly noise, and they actually cost less.

It looks like you've never used Corsair QE's. They're not the best but they're good enough to be quiet tier fans. http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1342-page9.html

It looks like you've never used Corsair QE's. They're not the best but they're good enough to be quiet tier fans. http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1342-page9.html

Not only have I used them, I actually run one of the things in my gaming rig as the bottom intake... It's not literally like a jet fighter, but compared to the BeQuiet!, Noctua, Cooler Master and Phanteks fans that I also have in the same rig, it makes an absolute racket.

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

Not only have I used them, I actually run one of the things in my gaming rig as the bottom intake... It's not literally like a jet fighter, but compared to the BeQuiet!, Noctua, Cooler Master and Phanteks fans that I also have in the same rig, it makes an absolute racket.

Which model are you using? It doesn't look like the ringed QE.