why is my rad so cold even under load?

WhiteWolf117
Go to solution Solved by Gix7Fifty,

sorry yea i know 80 is not cold anything from it forgot to say that ambient temp  21c-20c and not me i'm new to water cooling and was wondering if it should be hot

As a blanket statement anything under 90c would be considered safe, 90 to 102 and you will probable get some throttling, don't forget about cpu degradation. 

cpu 80c under load and no temperature change on rad??

|| CPU Intel Core i7‑4790K 4.9 Ghz || Motherboard MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition || RAM corsair vengeance pro 4x8gb 2400mhz || GPU msi msi twin frozr gtx 1080 8g sli x2 || Case nzxt phantom 410 || Cooling corsair h100i ||

80c under load and no temperature change on rad??

Are you measuring by feel or directly with a temperature sensor, the rads can get warm when at load but they don't get to the same temp as the CPU readings. The fluid in a loop shouldn't ever exceed 60C.

80c under load and no temperature change on rad??

if you want the radiator to get hot, you can turn off your rad fans and leave your computer under load for an hour or two.

80c is cool? What CPU are you using?

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

what rpm is yu fan @

1670rpm

|| CPU Intel Core i7‑4790K 4.9 Ghz || Motherboard MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition || RAM corsair vengeance pro 4x8gb 2400mhz || GPU msi msi twin frozr gtx 1080 8g sli x2 || Case nzxt phantom 410 || Cooling corsair h100i ||

80c is cool? What CPU are you using?

no 80c is as hot as it gets

what rpm is your pum pat?

its a h100i and all of the contectors go to cpu fan on the board so idk

kk

Mayve it's a mounting issue

try the "H100i rubber washer fix"

no 80c is as hot as it gets

Okay, but what CPU are you using?

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

Are you running a custom loop or AIO, any system details and any overclocking?

h100i no custom (but whould like help to make better) 4790k 4.9 ghz

80c is cold? OP what is your ambient temp?

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

maybe my block is not on enough ??

80c is cold? OP what is your ambient temp?

80c is not the rad temp it is the cpu temp

h100i no custom (but whould like help to make better) 4790k 4.9 ghz

That's not too bad for 4.9Ghz, especially if the voltage is on the higher side, with the H100i I've seen a lot worst with mounting pressure issues with 100C with stock, as suggested you can try the washer mod to see if it applied a bit more mounting pressure and lowers temps. Overall though I don't think it's too bad.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1465656/concerns-about-newly-installed-corsair-h100i

That's not too bad for 4.9Ghz, especially if the voltage is on the higher side, with the H100i I've seen a lot worst with mounting pressure issues with 100C with stock, as suggested you can try the washer mod to see if it applied a bit more mounting pressure and lowers temps. Overall though I don't think it's too bad.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1465656/concerns-about-newly-installed-corsair-h100i

Must Hit 5.0 ghz (for no reason of course) 

80c is not the rad temp it is the cpu temp

80c cpu temp is not cold under load, like i said what is your ambient temp. btw who has their rad temp? :rolleyes:

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

80c cpu temp is not cold under load, like i said what is your ambient temp. btw who has their rad temp? :rolleyes:

sorry yea i know 80 is not cold anything from it forgot to say that ambient temp  21c-20c and not me i'm new to water cooling and was wondering if it should be hot

As a blanket statement anything under 90c would be considered safe, 90 to 102 and you will probable get some throttling, don't forget about cpu degradation. 

k thanks