A group of hackers shows off a PS4 running (tweaked) Linux

Further proof that Windows is more secure than Linux.

...wut? Why would that be? And what does that have to do with this exploit anyway? Linux is open-source and makes things like this a lot easier, i mean getting anything else running on it that's not from sony itself is hard enough even with open-source software that you can tweak.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

...wut? Why would that be? And what does that have to do with this exploit anyway? Linux is open-source and makes things like this a lot easier, i mean getting anything else running on it that's not from sony itself is hard enough even with open-source software that you can tweak.

Sure! I completely agree! It makes things like that a lot easier .... for consumers, script kiddies,  and hackers. 

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Sure! I completely agree! It makes things like that a lot easier .... for consumers, script kiddies,  and hackers. 

Linux is mostly used in the commercial world.

Makes things also a lot easier for the pro guys that need to make software for supercomputers.

Most of them work on linux soo... It does prove it has places where it belongs.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Are you actually kidding me? Look, I know you're a huge Windows fanboy, but for the longest time, Windows had garbage security while Linux was very secure. To a much more limited extent since MS got their shit together security-wise in Vista, this is still true. There's a pretty good reason why Linux is more widely used on servers than Windows.

-

You are insane.. (Don't respond to me.. I don't care) ******factually incorrect alert******

interesting 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Not really, Each OS has its own strengths and weaknesses. None "better" than the other.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Each OS has its own strengths and weaknesses. None "better" than the other.

Each OS has its weaknesses, but I would say that an OS which gives a user the tools and the permission to fix any weakness bothering them is objectively better than ones that don't.

That's pretty awesome.

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH