Does anyone know of a 90º sata power adapter that sits completely flush?

saab_gobbler

I don't know if they've ever been made. Can't find one, but I need one. Sometimes a few mm makes all the difference =/

I don't know if they've ever been made. Can't find one, but I need one. Sometimes a few mm makes all the difference =/

Not exactly sure what you mean by flush but if you are trying to squeeze a sata connector in a tight spot silverstone makes cables just for this:

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=445&area=en

Oh sata power read that wrong, umm basically the 90 degree connectors out there are the standard type of sata power connector.

Edited by W-L

i

Not exactly sure what you mean by flush but if you are trying to squeeze a sata connector in a tight spot silverstone makes cables just for this:

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=445&area=en

Oh sata power read that wrong, umm basically the 90 degree connectors out there are the standard type of sata power connector.

its about sata power ;)

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

Molex->sata power would be ideal actually. I bought one of these thinking it would work, but it doesn't actually go all the way in, sticks quite a ways out. That one looks like it's about the same size.

Molex->sata power would be ideal actually. I bought one of these thinking it would work, but it doesn't actually go all the way in, sticks quite a ways out. That one looks like it's about the same size.

That would probably be one of the more low profile ones since it's integrated into the connection, what is limiting you that makes it require such a small connector.

Just get some sand paper or a file and slowly grind back as much as possible :P

your fine as long as you don see copper, this would be the easiest way to get specific clearance.

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

Just get some sand paper or a file and slowly grind back as much as possible :P

Not a bad idea! I was actually thinking of taking a dremel to it, might be able to get just enough off, but I dunno if I wanna risk shorting out my system lol

That would probably be one of the more low profile ones since it's integrated into the connection, what is limiting you that makes it require such a small connector.

This  :P

med_gallery_276297_3547_142473.jpg

This  :P

-PIC-

While I don't usually recommend it you can take off that cover on the connector and trim it down but you would want to insulate the back with something like silicone or epoxy over it. Also can you not shift the device down to house the connector?

post-4038-0-28650800-1450933513.png

snip

Yah I'm thinking that's my only option at this point. I can probably trim it down to just above the wires & be fine, I have hot-glue to seal it with. Unfortunately I can't move the device (vertically mounted dvd drive) any further down, it's fixed in place.

Yah I'm thinking that's my only option at this point. I can probably trim it down to just above the wires & be fine, I have hot-glue to seal it with. Unfortunately I can't move the device (vertically mounted dvd drive) any further down, it's fixed in place.

Just as a possible alternative there are also dual rotary fittings that let you offset the connection slightly which may help:

Bitspower-BP-90R2-G-1-4-Dual-Rotary.jpg