Finnish indie computer magazine Skrolli started indiegogo campaign to release magazine internationally

dnwbaclyfw3i0lpqliec.jpg

Image source: https://c1.iggcdn.com/indiegogo-media-prod-cld/image/upload/c_limit,w_620/v1450623378/dnwbaclyfw3i0lpqliec.jpg

Who are you? What is this project about?

We are a group of hackers, computer hobbyists, gaming enthusiasts and journalists from Finland. We grew up reading about computers, programming, games and computer culture in magazines. They taught many of us how to do things ourselves instead of only consuming ready-made products. They raised the generation that gave birth to innovations like IRC and Linux and companies like Supercell, Remedy and Housemarque.

One by one, these hacker magazines disappeared from the mainstream and died off – in Finland and everywhere else. We felt sorry that they were gone. The Internet is great, of course, but it will never be permanent like print is. Articles on websites tend to disappear, but we can still read magazines from a hundred years ago.

Three years ago, we decided to make a magazine ourselves. We were fascinated with the idea of making something that we used to love, but writing about the topics of the present day. It turned out that this was a good idea, since a lot of people wanted to join us in making such a magazine. Skrolli and its community were born, and a total of 12 issues have been published since then.

The time has come to present Skrolli to an international audience. If this crowdfunding campaign succeeds, we can print an issue in English. If there is enough interest, we can even start publishing Skrolli in two languages.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/skrolli-a-printed-computer-culture-magazine#/story

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3yrazg/finnish_indie_computer_magazine_skrolli_started/   ( reddit is a source, right ?)

I dont know how many find this as news but i live in Finland and i am a computer hobbyist, so i think this is news worthy because there isnt that many computer magazine or publications in my opinion. It would be great if they could actually start publishing in two languages.

Yeah.....look there's this thing called the fucking internet, you could like, totally use it to publish internationally without the indiegogo scam campaign. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

A printed magazine about computers? It's like a vinyl record about internet radio.

Don't quite see the Point in a printed Magazine for something that changes all the time and has mostly sources that are very snake oily

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Yeah.....look there's this thing called the fucking internet, you could like, totally use it to publish internationally without the indiegogo scam campaign. 

Yeah and IGN sells review scores because its free to publish on the internet 

A printed magazine about computers? It's like a vinyl record about internet radio.

You really cant read, can you ? 

Skrolli in digital format

The special international issue of Skrolli, delivered to you in DRM-free digital format(s). You will not get the full experience of a print magazine, but you will get all of the content. We will also include your name in the list of contributors in our English issue.

nobody says its print only

You really cant read, can you ? 

nobody says its print only

Oh still magazines take a lot of time to produce and in the end the Information isn't that new to anything we read online but I see the point

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

there was a pc mag i've subscribe to, a long time ago. Before, what i get on the mag, would be exclusive articles or they won't be on the web, like a month or so later, which made the subscription with l worth it. But now, they publish the article on the web first, so when i get my mag. I'm reading the exact same article.

And these article just recycles itself. So i cancelled it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list