Master tracks x3 teardown?

My second pair of master tracks recently broke internally and i need to solder the connestions back together, but i cannot seem to find a tutorial on how to open these cans, anyone have any suggestions?

Rip and pray.

Try prying with a flathead screwdriver.

AMD A10 7700k APU @ 3.8 GHz  /  Dem Integrated R7 graphics  / 8 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1800 MHz RAM  /  1 TB WD Black HDD  /  ARC Midi R2 Case  /  ASRock FM2A88M Pro 3+ 

Logitech MX Performance / Razor Blackwidow Ultimate

The teardown is probably similar to Beats: just smash them on the ground and buy some real cans. 

In all seriousness, I can't find any teardown videos or guides. Try ye' oldie screwdriver pry?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

thats probally what i will do, looking into these also http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/99aff89488ddd6b1/

I can't recommend ATH-MXX/X headphones. There are better headphones for the price, but audio sound signature preference is really up to the listener.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

I can't recommend ATH-MXX/X headphones. There are better headphones for the price, but audio sound signature preference is really up to the listener.

what would you recommend for studio use?

what would you recommend for studio use?

What's your total budget for headphones?

$200

Any preference to open-backed or closed-back? Bass head or treble lover? Audiophile-grade? Etc?

Any preference to open-backed or closed-back? Bass head or treble lover? Audiophile-grade? Etc?

i would like to keep the eq flat, and i would prefer closed

i would like to keep the eq flat, and i would prefer closed

Can you drive 250OHM headphones? If not, what is the most you could drive?

i have a external mic amp, i dont know exactly what i can drive, btw its for a youtube channel when i edit videos

i have a external mic amp, i dont know exactly what i can drive, btw its for a youtube channel when i edit videos

DT-990' s or DT-770' s.

Irrelivent question

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Irrelivent question

Semi-relevant. I don't want him spending money on headphones he can't use until he spends more on an amp. Some onboard audio solutions can't drive even 60OHM' s.

Semi-relevant. I don't want him spending money on headphones he can't use until he spends more on an amp. Some onboard audio solutions can't drive even 60OHM' s.

Driving a certain number of ohms is not a realivent peice of "information"

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Driving a certain number of ohms is not a realivent peice of "information"

Well, if he can't drive 'em, why buy 'em? Sure, they'll work and you can hear them, but depending on the current running through his onboard, it's going to be pretty quiet.

Well, if he can't drive 'em, why buy 'em? Sure, they'll work and you can hear them, but depending on the current running through his onboard, it's going to be pretty quiet.

You won't tell if something can be driven by ohms

You won't tell if something can be driven by ohms

Resistance is usually a good measure to go on.

Resistance is usually a good measure to go on.

It actually isn't that great of an indicator.

In most cases if an integrated audio can't drive high impedance headphones "properly", then it won't drive any headphone "properly". At minimum you need to consider impedance and voltage sensitivity before drawing sweeping conclusions.

Amps aren't expensive - at the bottom of the barrel you can get something serviceable for $70, which is not much in the scheme of things considering that there are no 600 ohm headphones under $250 these days.