How much NUC is enough NUC?

Go to solution Solved by Tass,

I have an NUC with I3 5010U. runs everything media wise i throw at it and >usually< downthrottles (doesnt need all the power, runs at lower hertz) So yea, I3 will do great for you. I5 offers only very low performance upgrade in real life compared to the Price (thats my own personal opinion)
NUC5i3RYK with Intel m.2 ssd and 4gb ram running win 10.

Edit: Wireless lan is pretty powerfull aswell. my connection sits at 866m/bit with a fairly high amount of Electronics etc. in between the router and my NUC

I'm looking to put together a little box to put beside consoles that's able to handle Steam In-Home Streaming and able to stream from Steam In-Home Streaming or from an external USB3 source (AVerMedia, etc.) at 1080p60. The Intel NUCs look like a great form factor for this, and it seems like their i5 offerings should  have the grunt to do this. Does anyone have experience with any of these or is anyone able to offer guidance on which of the three tiers has the grunt to do this?

Thanks!

(All available NUC kits)

I'm looking to put together a little box to put beside consoles that's able to handle Steam In-Home Streaming and able to stream from Steam In-Home Streaming or from an external USB3 source (AVerMedia, etc.) at 1080p60. The Intel NUCs look like a great form factor for this, and it seems like their i5 offerings should  have the grunt to do this. Does anyone have experience with any of these or is anyone able to offer guidance on which of the three tiers has the grunt to do this?

Thanks!

(All available NUC kits)

I3s will be fine.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I have an NUC with I3 5010U. runs everything media wise i throw at it and >usually< downthrottles (doesnt need all the power, runs at lower hertz) So yea, I3 will do great for you. I5 offers only very low performance upgrade in real life compared to the Price (thats my own personal opinion)
NUC5i3RYK with Intel m.2 ssd and 4gb ram running win 10.

Edit: Wireless lan is pretty powerfull aswell. my connection sits at 866m/bit with a fairly high amount of Electronics etc. in between the router and my NUC