Can you disable win 10 ram compression?

xgn

Hello so yea title how? atleast set exceptions on programs you don't want os to compress ? I might have to switch back to win 7 because of this reason.

What seems to be the problem with "RAM COMPRESSION" in Windows 10?

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

It takes a major hit in performance when i just started the pc i had 20% cpu load because of it . I dont want it to compress ram in cpu taxing games i have enough ram.

It takes a major hit in performance when i just started the pc i had 20% cpu load because of it . I dont want it to compress ram in cpu taxing games i have enough ram.

mm... programs running in the background may be?

But there is no way of disabling "RAM COMPRESSION". It's embedded into the OS.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

This is a deal breaker to me so im going back to windows 7 especially since its only activated for 1 year.

Is this different to disabling those Superfetch services n such? (Which I know in indeed WAY WAY more aggressive in W10)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Im back on windows 7 already degraded from windows 10.

So is this why my CPU usage jumps to 20-25% usage when I leave my PC idle for 5 minutes? 

So is this why my CPU usage jumps to 20-25% usage when I leave my PC idle for 5 minutes?

No. Dynamic memory compression in Windows 10 was designed for system with low amount of RAM. What Windows does, is, when you run a program that wont' normally fit, instead of moving other program in the page file, it would compress them in-place. Only if it doesn't help or not enough, it will move things to the page file to allow your program to fit in your RAM.

The reality is that you want to keep the most things in your RAM. Why? Because it is SUPER fast memory, faster than your SSD, even if it is RAIDed PCI-E SSDs, and your CPU only sees the RAM, to process things. So, moving thing in and out from page file, is very taxing.

What is happening on your side, is probably Windows doing maintenance. It only does it when the system is at idle after a moment, and the moment you do something with the system, it pauses everything it was doing, and will resume the next time you put the system idle.

The maintenance process that Windows does is what keep Windows running smoothly and continuously, so that you don't have to re-install Windows every 6 month to keep max performance (something I think you can recall back in Windows XP days).