MrFriendism's Dream Workstation Setup (New Office)

ajgamer1
Hey. I need a new Workstation Setup which is economical and best suited for my needs and requirements mentioned in this thread. Please do check and let me know if the parts looks good to you or you suggest any replacement in terms of performance.

Usage of the System:
  • Google Chrome: I run 10-20 Chrome Tabs at once many times.
  • Marketing: I have loads of Website Management work like designing, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Muse and much more.
  • Video: I use video processing software, for now Camtasia I am using.
  • Youtube Surfing: I am facing loads of lagging and Blue Screen Error whenever I run Youtube on my current system. Not to mention I love Youtube a lot.
  • Latest Stuff: I can't buy most latest stuff but whatever is my budget, I want the best and latest into that.
  • OS: Windows 8.1/Windows 10 (In Future, Next Year) I ALREADY HAVE LICENSE

Personal Requirements or Favor

• Processor: Intel
  • Video Card: nVidia (HDMI + DVI Port to connect multiple monitor, I need to connect 2 monitors minimum)
  • Storage: SSD with HDD
  • Normal Case, Motherboard, PSU and everything which comes with it.
  • I don't want DVD/CD Writer or Drive.

Some Facts

• There is no NZXT, EVGA in my country. Only Corsair, Cooler Master, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Intel, WD for major stuff.

MAJOR USE: Work (Internet Marketing, Youtube, Video and Surfing)

Budget: As cheap as Possible. (Maximum: $1,000) But if you can make a 600$ Setup for me, I will buy it. It's not important to buy for $1,000 Setup.

Shop: Local Shop (New Delhi, India)
(Because online prices are high) 

Temperature: 40 to 42 Degree Avg. in summers

Current Processor Temperature: 35 Deg. to 45 Deg with Corsair H100i Water Cooler while using Google Chrome, Youtube and Fine Gaming.

Thanks!

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

Hey. I need a new Workstation Setup which is economical and best suited for my needs and requirements mentioned in this thread. Please do check and let me know if the parts looks good to you or you suggest any replacement in terms of performance.

Usage of the System:
  • Marketing: I have loads of Website Management work like designing, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Muse and much more.
  • Youtube Surfing: I am facing loads of lagging and Blue Screen Error whenever I run Youtube on my current system. Not to mention I love Youtube a lot.
  • Latest Stuff: I can't buy most latest stuff but whatever is my budget, I want the best and latest into that.

• Video Card: nVidia (HDMI + DVI Port to connect multiple monitor, I need to connect 2 monitors minimum)

Budget: As cheap as Possible. (Maximum: $1,000) But if you can make a 600$ Setup for me, I will buy it. It's not important to buy for $1,000 Setup.

Current Processor Temperature: 35 Deg. to 45 Deg with Corsair H100i Water Cooler while using Google Chrome, Youtube and Fine Gaming.

Thanks!

We don't know what your local store has so here's a general idea of what you should get:

Intel Xeon 1231 V3 (or any LGA1150 Xeon)

16GB cheap DDR3 Ram.  

H81/H97 motherboard with all the featuresyou want/need

240-250GB SSD from Samsung, Crucial, Adata  and  1TB Seagate Barracuda or WD Blue

XFX or Seasonic PSU

GTX 970

Case that you like.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Hey. I need a new Workstation Setup which is economical and best suited for my needs and requirements mentioned in this thread. Please do check and let me know if the parts looks good to

If you aren't gaming you don't need a GPU, the integrated graphics on an i5 can handle multiple displays without issue

Otherwise you'll probably want an i5 4460 unless skylake is available and doesn't cost much more, if you have more room in the end step up to an i7 or Xeon with iGPU

and you'll want 16gbs of RAM

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Usage of the System:

Some Facts

• There is no NZXT, EVGA in my country. Only Corsair, Cooler Master, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Intel, WD for major stuff.

Thanks!

Here is a solid build:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/sgZzt6

Reliable WD RED PRO and GTX 960 to take advantage of GPU encoding.

PC Specs:

Core I5 4690K CPU
Gigabyte GTX 960 windforce 4GB GDDR5 GPU
Corsair 100R case
Seasonic 620W S12-II PSU
Kingston SSDNow 120GB SSD
Toshiba 1TB HDD
Asrock H97 Pro4 motherboard
8GB panram DDR3 1600 RAM
Windows 10 home 64 bit

We don't know what your local store has so here's a general idea of what you should get:

Intel Xeon 1231 V3 (or any LGA1150 Xeon)

16GB cheap DDR3 Ram.  

H81/H97 motherboard with all the featuresyou want/need

240-250GB SSD from Samsung, Crucial, Adata  and  1TB Seagate Barracuda or WD Blue

XFX or Seasonic PSU

GTX 970

Case that you like.

Can you make me PC Part Picker. 

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

hOW 

If you aren't gaming you don't need a GPU, the integrated graphics on an i5 can handle multiple displays without issue

Otherwise you'll probably want an i5 4460 unless skylake is available and doesn't cost much more, if you have more room in the end step up to an i7 or Xeon with iGPU

and you'll want 16gbs of RAM

How come Integrated Graphics can allow me to connect multiple display? How to do so?

Here is a solid build:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/sgZzt6

Remove Windows 10 from it, I already have the license with me.

I am adding this information my thread too.

Can you make me PC Part Picker. 

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($242.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($45.98 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($81.49 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card  ($299.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($53.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $860.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-28 15:38 EST-0500

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

40 fucking degrees holy shit

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($242.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($45.98 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($81.49 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card  ($299.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($53.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $860.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-28 15:38 EST-0500

Any cooler for CPU?

What is this XEON Processor?

40 fucking degrees holy shit

I live in India. It's a hot country.

Exact Location: New Delhi, India. You can check the temperature on Google.

I live in India. It's a hot country.

Exact Location: New Delhi, India. You can check the temperature on Google.

yeah i know its  a hot country it just suprised me that it could get to 40c

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

Any cooler for CPU?

What is this XEON Processor?

Nope.  Stick with the stock.  Can't overclock so stock will be fine.  Xeon is 4 cores and 8 threads (hyperthreading) so essentially, it's a six core CPU.  It's workstation grade and cannot be overclocked.

How to do so?

You just get a motherboard with multiple outputs

"# of Displays Supported 3"

http://ark.intel.com/products/80817/Intel-Core-i5-4460-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_40-GHz

I believe GPU acceleration depends greatly on what codecs you're using. so putting the money towards a stronger CPU is going to matter more if gaming isn't a thing here

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Nope.  Stick with the stock.  Can't overclock so stock will be fine.  Xeon is 4 cores and 8 threads (hyperthreading) so essentially, it's a six core CPU.  It's workstation grade and cannot be overclocked.

I'm thinking to take Gigabyte instead of Zotac because Gigabyte have 3 DVI and 1 HDMI right?

Also, It's necessary to buy GTX 970 or I can have any cheaper one?

You just get a motherboard with multiple outputs

"# of Displays Supported 3"

http://ark.intel.com/products/80817/Intel-Core-i5-4460-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_40-GHz

I believe GPU acceleration depends greatly on what codecs you're using. so putting the money towards a stronger CPU is going to matter more if gaming isn't a thing here

Any motherboard you recommend?

Any motherboard you recommend?

Anything H97/Z97 with decent reviews, find one with a display port output if you're going the iGPU route, and if it doesn't cost much more for display port

here's a list of 1150 H97/Z97 boards with display port, see if any are available over there, but again, only worth it if it doesn't cost much more than normal, it just gives you a more flexible PC, especially if you invest in a 40" 4k display at some point for productivity.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&Subcategory=280&N=100007627%20600438202%20600491548%20600491547%20600176044%20600136690%20600484597&IsNodeId=1&IsPowerSearch=1

Spoiler

I'm thinking to take Gigabyte instead of Zotac because Gigabyte have 3 DVI and 1 HDMI right?

Also, It's necessary to buy GTX 970 or I can have any cheaper one?

zotac has 2 dvi, HDMI and DP.  GTX 960 would also work.