New Headphones

Hello everyone, I am currently looking into buying new headphones. I currently have the Hyper X Cloud 2's and I feel that they are too weak in terms of bass. I want a pair of over ear headphones in the price range of around $200 CAD. I am mainly going to be using them for gaming and listening to music. I play a lot of FPS games like CS but I also listen to a lot of Hip-Hop and Rap so I enjoy heavy bass. From what I understand, open headphones are the way to go for gaming but you loose out on the bass . I also would like a pretty comfortable pair that are not going to hurt my ears after 6+ hour sessions. I heard that the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x are pretty nice for bass, but I also heard that they are not that great for gaming. I noticed that these Sennheiser's are on sale for a good price right now here, but I assume they have weaker bass because they are open. I am essentially  trying to find the sweet spot, powerful bass but still good for gaming for example, hearing footsteps. Anybody have some recommendations? Thanks in advance.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K OC @ 4.4 GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79 | GPU: 2x SLI Gigabyte GTX 760 | RAM: Mushkin Redline 2x4GB 1866 | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 750W | Storage: A-Data XPG 120GB  & WD Blue 1TB | OS: Arch GNU/Linux || PC Part Picker & 3D Mark Score

V-Moda Crossfades if you get it under your budget.

V-Moda Crossfades if you get it under your budget.

not optimal for gaming

any kind of surround software gives me a weird noise in the right ear

not optimal for gaming

any kind of surround software gives me a weird noise in the right ear

wut. You literally just suggested the "7.1" Tiamat' s which use software to virtualize surround sound. The CrossFade' s have no software, they can sound good within their own.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

wut. You literally just suggested the "7.1" Tiamat' s which use software to virtualize surround sound. The CrossFade' s have no software, they can sound good within their own.

dude

look at the tiamat, you idiot

they have several drivers in each ear for surround, not software

and i dont have in issue with software, but the crossfade hm100s seem to not like it

drop a bit of cash on the razer tiamat 7.1

i got them and love them to bits

Lol avoid Razer audio, also what you just said makes you a hypocrite as Razer USES SOFTWARE, and it is shitty.

@OP Look into Sennhieser w/ mod MIC

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Lol avoid Razer audio, also what you just said makes you a hypocrite as Razer USES SOFTWARE, and it is shitty.

@OP Look into Sennhieser w/ mod MIC

Yeah, I was planning on getting a mod mic. You think those Sennhieser's I posted above will be good for me?

PC Specs: CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K OC @ 4.4 GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79 | GPU: 2x SLI Gigabyte GTX 760 | RAM: Mushkin Redline 2x4GB 1866 | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 750W | Storage: A-Data XPG 120GB  & WD Blue 1TB | OS: Arch GNU/Linux || PC Part Picker & 3D Mark Score

Nah open backs can still have plenty of bass.

I was going to say get the HD598s but they aren't on sale anymore.

I have the hd558s and they are pretty awesome. They used to be $300 headphones but they have gone down a lot in 2 years. They use the same driver as the hd598s and can be modded to sound almost identical at a lower price. The mod isn't hard to do it takes like five minutes.

The bass is at a perfect level for me but I don't listen to rap or hip-hop so ymmv.

I will say don't get any of the gamer headphones or the ones that advertise 7.1 surround. Its mostly marketing bs and ups the price for what are usually terrible headphones.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Hyperx Cloud II

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

Yeah, I was planning on getting a mod mic. You think those Sennhieser's I posted above will be good for me?

I'd get the dt770 instead of those hd558 if you want some bass.

Hyperx Cloud II

Read the post my man.

the tiamat USES NO SOFTWARE

i own them you idiots

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Tiamat-Surround-Gaming-Headset/dp/B007CS9WYI

look at the fifth image

or just SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE

It's all snake oil dude. No need for all caps.  

Main Rig:  CPU i5-4670k   MOBO Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   GPU GTX 980ti    RAM 8GB  STORAGE 128GB ADATA(OS)/250GB Samsung 850 EVO(APPS)/3TB WD Red

AUDIO: AMP/DAC TEAC AI-301DA SPEAKERS: Cambridge Audio SX50 Phones: Philips Fidelio X1

i own them you idiots

look at the fifth image

By the way, any surround 7.1 sucks, it is all a gimmick, I made my HyperX Clouds "surround" with software just fine.

Also, I owned and OWN 4 Razer products. They all suck, Razer has some of the worst "gamer" peripherals.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

By the way, any surround 7.1 sucks, it is all a gimmick, I made my HyperX Clouds "surround" with software just fine.

Also, I owned and OWN 4 Razer products. They all suck, Razer has some of the worst "gamer" peripherals.

yay opinions

either way, the tiamat 7.1 works great

yay opinions

either way, the tiamat 7.1 works great

Not really, I bet you haven't use any decent headphones enough to form a valid opinion.

Not really, I bet you haven't use any decent headphones enough to form a valid opinion.

vmoda crossfade m100

logitech g930

bose soundtrue

all excellent headphones, all of which i love

for gaming and computer usage? 

i still prefer the tiamat

vmoda crossfade m100

logitech g930

bose soundtrue

all excellent headphones, all of which i love

for gaming and computer usage? 

i still prefer the tiamat

Sorry all junk.

We are not exactly helping OP at all, just having a jerk circle of headphones W@rZ.

IMO,

V-Moda for sound quality and music, everything else you guys can fuss over.

I would never buy Razer stuff tho.

Peace out.

We are not exactly helping OP at all, just having a jerk circle of headphones W@rZ.

IMO,

V-Moda for sound quality and music, everything else you guys can fuss over.

I would never buy Razer stuff tho.

Peace out.

Thanks, lol.

I am liking the way these are looking though: http://www.amazon.ca/Beyerdynamic-PRO-Headphone-250-ohms/dp/B0006NL5SM

i own them you idiots

look at the fifth image

Many drivers in each cup?

That literally means 0 bass.

@SSL help suggest good headphones

I used to be quite active here.

Sorry all junk.

I wouldn't call the V-Moda on the list junk, but everything else especially the Tiamat is absolute garbage. Considering he thinks the Tiamat is so great, I highly doubt he has ever used the M-100 anyway.

im sorry, i ant talk to you anymore

goodbye

Good, don't. You made yourself look like a complete idiot on top of being a jackass.

And just for some actual information for the future, 7.1 speakers work the way they do because there is enough distance between them and your ears to form a proper "field" of sound (we're talking at several feet from you), alongside some other intricacies that may be out of your scope judging by your lack of knowledge.

Thanks, lol.

I am liking the way these are looking though: http://www.amazon.ca/Beyerdynamic-PRO-Headphone-250-ohms/dp/B0006NL5SM

The DT770 will offer a lot, but considering your mention of bass + gaming (particularly CS), I would say look at the DT880 or DT990 instead. The 880 is semi-open while the 990 is open. If you went with the 770 though for the closed aspect, I think you will be happy with it, plenty o' bass to go around.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2