way to get more fps in minecraft?

DominicNikon

is there a way to get more fps in minecraft? my GTX 760 got 600+ fps when my 980 gets 50-125 fps and is at 5% load is there a way to boost the fps?

Have you tried Optifine?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yeah optifine is a good call. However, you shouldnt get that little FPS. I have an AMD R7 360 and I get a lot more than that

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

Make sure you have allocated enough RAM for what you are doing. If you are running Mods you may need to add more than vanilla.

• CPU: E3-1241v3|| MOBO: Asus B85M-G R 2.0|| RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport (4x4) 16GB || GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 970 Gaming || CASE: Corsair 100R Carbide Series || Crucial MX100 250GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB || PSU: Sentey 750W Semi-Modular 80+ Bronze || Cooling: x2 Corsair AF120 Red LED Silent Edition

Optifine though.... Minecraft is mainly CPU intensive until you get 256-512x texture packs and throw in Shaders. Also turn Render Distance to like 12-14 and quality to Fast.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Make sure you have allocated enough RAM for what you are doing. If you are running Mods you may need to add more than vanilla.

5gb allocated

Turn VSync off and dial up the framerate to Unlimited, if you haven't.

This to, sometimes McmC is smoother if you put the limit to like 200 or even unlimited though unlimited ti me is just using unreasonable power.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

uhh get a better single-threaded CPU?

a gen 4 i5 has great single threaded performance and upgrading it is pretty illogical.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

5gb allocated

Lower that ti like 3-3.5, hard to explain though I found Mc to run the best at around 3-3.5 allocated

why would you need more than 160 fps in miencreft?

I don't actually give useful information, hopefully I just  say something funny.

5gb allocated

Try reducing your allocated RAM to 2GB, it'll perform exactly the same (if you're not running mods) and the game actually attempts to utilise RAM optimisation.

5gb allocated

if you aren't using the memory (check with f3 in the top right hand corner) you'll probably just experience lag spikes because the memory dumps are bigger than they need to be

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

if you aren't using the memory (check with f3 in the top right hand corner) you'll probably just experience lag spikes because the memory dumps are bigger than they need to be

i used to have 10gb with my 760 on vanilla with no mods

i used to have 10gb with my 760 on vanilla with no mods

well that was pointless since vanilla mc really only uses <1GB and with the JVM the memory usage is nearly double than what you allocate, meaning in your case all your memory was likely being used up for no reason

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

well that was pointless since vanilla mc really only uses <1GB and with the JVM the memory usage is nearly double than what you allocate, meaning in your case all your memory was likely being used up for no reason

but why is the lower end gpu getting better fps in minecraft then a higher end one? in bf4 and star wars battlefront i get over 100fps more

but why is the lower end gpu getting better fps in minecraft then a higher end one? in bf4 and star wars battlefront i get over 100fps more

It's possible that due to how badly optimised minecraft is, it just happens to favour kepler over maxwell

Why do you need an FPS higher than your display panel speed anyway? It's really just wasting power to see a big number