H100i GTX Question

namarino

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to install one of these coolers in my new PC but I had a question about the orientation. I know this is a very hotly debated topic. Should I have the fans on the top as an intake, pushing air through the rad, or should I have them on the bottom as an exhaust, again pushing air through the rad? I have one exhaust fan at the back. Is that enough??? I have two intakes in the front. Thanks for you help guys!

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to install one of these coolers in my new PC but I had a question about the orientation. I know this is a very hotly debated topic. Should I have the fans on the top as an intake, pushing air through the rad, or should I have them on the bottom as an exhaust, again pushing air through the rad? I have one exhaust fan at the back. Is that enough??? I have two intakes in the front. Thanks for you help guys!

There is basically no difference between push or pull through a rad,  I would exhaust out the top with all the front and bottom as intakes and the rear as an extra exhaust. To try and keep positive pressure having more fans with filtered intakes is good or having the same number of fans in and out with the intakes at a higher RPM than exhaust.

you should push imo 

There is basically no difference between push or pull through a rad,  I would exhaust out the top with all the front and bottom as intakes and the rear as an extra exhaust. To try and keep positive pressure having more fans with filtered intakes is good or having the same number of fans in and out with the intakes at a higher RPM than exhaust.

So would you have the fans below the radiator pushing air upward exhausting outside the case?

So would you have the fans below the radiator pushing air upward exhausting outside the case?

Either pushing or pulling air to exhasut it out of the case, the difference between push and pull is marginal, many like to use pull since it's easier to clean off the rads of dust but with push in a top mount you see the fans more and less of the rad. It's really up to you and what hardware you have available.

Either pushing or pulling air to exhasut it out of the case, the difference between push and pull is marginal, many like to use pull since it's easier to clean off the rads of dust but with push in a top mount you see the fans more and less of the rad. It's really up to you and what hardware you have available.

So if you were to configure it in pull, then the fans would be at the top of the case pushing air outside the case. If it were in push, then the fans would be below the rad and pushing air through it. Do I have that right?

So if you were to configure it in pull, then the fans would be at the top of the case pushing air outside the case. If it were in push, then the fans would be below the rad and pushing air through it. Do I have that right?

Yes that's correct.