Trying to build a new PC with some older parts

Ok this was way to long to read, heres a shorter version. 

I was hoping you guys would be able to help me out with upgrading my setup. 

My Budget is around 500 € but can be more as i plan to gather the parts over the span off a couple months, about 3 months should be enough. 

Setup is used primarily for gaming and should at least be ready for black Desert online, it also helps if it can handle some of the newer titels at atleast a playable level. Even if i have to go to mid or even lower graphic settings. 

Black Desert online has the following requirements:

Minimum Spec (Lowest Graphic Settings) 32bit Windows 7 , Windows 8 Intel Core i3 4GB RAM GTS 250 / GeForce 9800 GTX Radeon HD 3870 X2

Recommend Spec (Medium-High Graphic Settings) 64bit Windows 7 , Windows 8 Intel Core i5 6GB RAM GTX 650 / GTX 550 Ti Radeon HD 7770 / Radeon HD 6770

The build i seek should hit that mark if possible while being as barebone and cheap as it can be. 

No additional perripherals needed.

This is the Setup that im having right now 

Warning, some parts might not be named correctly or fully, as im just writting this stuff out of my hardware manager since this is a rather old build and i have no clue whats actually in here anymore.

--> AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series Graphic card with 2048 mbits on GDDR5  (It's blue with two ventilators so i think its a saphire something something :D )

--> AMD FX -6100- Six Cores processor 3,30 Ghz on a M5A78L-MLX 3 from ASUS Motherboard

--> 16 Gigs of Ram (Two times 8 ) 

--> win 7 64 Bit. 

--> no SSD But an old time 1 TB Harddrive split into two partitions

--> no additional PCIE Stuff like soundcards or some such thing but a tiny 2x Usb 3 Chip. 

--> Wifi by means of usb stick

--> the case im using is a mid tower with two slots for optical drives (i have one but i dont use it so it isnt pluged in) It comes with 2 Front USB Slots as well as front sound in and output. It has two smaller slots which i assume are for SD card reading slots both of which aren't used. 

--> power supply is a 520 Watt 80 Plus ATX power supply (Model 520CL) from Techsolo. 

Thinks i'd like to reuse:

Ram, PSU, Harddrive, Case (I have another case around thats a bit bigger but needs an addiotional power cable for an inbuilt fan at the side panel) 

So here's the question, which parts should i keep or recycle, and which parts do you suggest to get me a stable and fun (and hopefully good looking) gaming experience in BD-Online and perhaps other freshly released titles? 

I'd give you some parts from the top of my head but really i spent all day looking at all kinds of videos and benchmarks i don't even understand whats going anymore, i can't tell any i5 apart from the next and apparently there are some who just aren't good for gaming which blows my mind since they seem to be all the same ro me (i mean makes sense, they are all i5's after all, whoever is comming up with the naming routines for PC hardware clearly needs to learn about a more obvious way of naming stuff).

Doesn't help that a lot of the Hardware info online is in english and while i think my english is fine it ain't that great. 

I hope i didn't spam to much and you can actually get an idea of my dilemma from all the stuff i wrote above. I'd much appreciate any help i can get.

Happy new years ;)

PS: Current monitor is a 60 Hrz 1920 x 1080 tho it will be replaced soon with something a bit more "flashy" ^^ 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€184.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€91.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  (€216.31 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €493.09
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-27 21:59 CET+0100

i hope this is what u are looking for, a better CPU much better graphics card like u want it ;)

Thank you very much =) 

Is there a suitable Nvidia alternative to the Radeon card? I'm sure people like them, but personaly i made very very bad experiences with radeon cards. :(

I'll try and squeeze a SSD into the budget somehow.

Btw stupid question but how can i make sure this MB takes my ram & PSU ? Doubt there would be any problems with the PSU but the ram is a bit older so i'm not to sure. 

And i cant really figure out how many power cables this graphics card requires. But i think i can get cables any day for cheap if i need more. 

no problem.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€184.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€91.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (€44.36 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB Video Card  (€222.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €544.04
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-27 22:22 CET+0100

and what do u mean with "how can i make sure this MB takes my ram & PSU" do u mean if it will fit inside the case?

just for sure i put the cheapest ram i could find

I meant the norm but i think i will be fine DDR3 Ram seems pretty standard on most boards. Thanks a lot for the help =) 

My current GC needs a 6 pin power cable to run, i was wondering rather or not the two cards you've suggested run on the same kind of cable or if it would be neccesary to get a second cable as i know some cards require a bit more juice. Sadly i cant find that info on partpicker :/ 

Edit: I can see the kind of cable slots the Nvidia card has, but i cant see it on the radeon :/ 

no problem. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchantCPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€184.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€91.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (€44.36 @ Amazon Deutschland)Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB Video Card  (€222.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)Total: €544.04Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-27 22:22 CET+0100 and what do u mean with "how can i make sure this MB takes my ram & PSU" do u mean if it will fit inside the case?just for sure i put the cheapest ram i could find

The ram will work. There shouldn't be any problems just read the manual for the mobo before hand to make sure you are putting the sticks in the right slot. No reason psu shouldn't work either. Also, do you plan on upgrading your CPU to a different one in the future? Cause if you don't plan on ever getting an unlocked CPU there's no point in getting a z97 board. In case you don't know basically z97 just means that the motherboard can overclock CPUs. However, the cpu Briareos has for you cannot overclock. If you won't overclock you can get an h97 motherboard, which can't overclock CPUs, but also costs less. Probably an h97 will be fine though. I have no idea what brand that psu is from though... I would change it for an evga, Xfx, or seasonic one but that would cost extra money so probably not practical. I like the upgrade above minus the ram and possibly a different motherboard but looks good.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

I don't plan on over clocking, as long as it isnt neccesary to reach good gaming performance i realy see no point to it in my case. I might have to get a different CPU cooler since i doubt my tiny old one will be enough for a newer processor + unsure rather or not that CPU comes with a cooler or not (Doubt it tho). I'm also not sure if the Graphics card isn't a bit to much for my needs. As i don't plan to go all ultra settings on all games all the time. 

that's true DocSwag, i have chosen that MOBO because if i he want to have a unlocked CPU and he want's to overclock it he is able to do so.

But if he's sure he won't overclock his CPU then there is no need for it.

I don't plan on over clocking, as long as it isnt neccesary to reach good gaming performance i realy see no point to it in my case. I might have to get a different CPU cooler since i doubt my tiny old one will be enough for a newer processor + unsure rather or not that CPU comes with a cooler or not (Doubt it tho). I'm also not sure if the Graphics card isn't a bit to much for my needs. As i don't plan to go all ultra settings on all games all the time. 

then the MOBO chipset DocSwag suggested is great for you then, as i can remember all CPU's are delivered with a stock cooler so no worries there or you want a another one.

and about the graphics card it is just a great with a 1080p monitor then u can play most games mid-high settings @ 60fps

So as of right now it kinda looks like this, a bit over my immidiate budget but i can save up.

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/KTphCJ

Edit: I only worry about my PSU because it is non modular and it may come down to me buying a bunchof extra cables since my PSU has very little to offer on that front. 

do u have a brand name? type? then i can look it up for you.

non-modular isn't that bad it only gives a mess in your pc so you can't really manage your cables and if u buy a semi-modular or full-modular PSU u get cables with it to fill up your needs.

Do you mean of the PSU i already got ? in that case all the info i can get is the power supply is a 520 Watt 80 Plus ATX power supply (Model 520CL) from Techsolo.  Neither my hardware manager nor my Hardware tool will give me any more details on it sadly. 

It has a load of what i think are called SSID outputs (The longer cables that power stuff like Harddrives) from what i can see it has 6 off them. 

And it looks like 3 4 pin power cables no idea what they are called. I think most graphics cards come with suitable power cables don't they ? So i will propably be able to fit them on the remaining 4 pin cables (and i have a bunch of adapter cables in case i need either pins or holes on the cables so i think im set)

"I think most graphics cards come with suitable power cables don't they"

no the graphics card's don't come with power cables, only semi/full-modular PSU

if u have a a molex connector (the one with 4 obvious pins sticking out) then u can get a adapter from molex to 6pin connector.

or u really want to be hassle free just buy a new PSU semi-modular then u are all set.

and how old is that PSU anyway? because PSU degrade over time

Let's see i think i got it around 2013 - 2014 after the last one blew up xD 

I'm running one 6 pin connector adapter thingi right now for the graphics card im using, that is why i asked how many power supply cables the GC's you suggested needed. I know some need 2 6pins, so i would have to get a second one of those adapters if that were the case with either one of them. 

Yeah sorry about the confusing way i write about that ^^ i'm neither good with Hardware in speaking english to much. 

don't bother, i'm not from england nor america.

ok now to be clear.

the Nvidia GTX 960 4GB only uses 1 6pin connector (what you are using now)

the AMD R9 380 4GB uses 2 6pin connectors (u need 1 additional 6 pin adapter)

and i think your power supply would just be fine but i am a bit worried about the shady brand, but apart from that, if u would choose the Nvidia GPU u have nothing to worry.

ow yea how long is your case you are going to use brand and type please, would be a stupid mistake if u are going to buy the GPU and it wouldn't fit in the case ;)

I have two cases to choose from neither of which i know the name or type of xD 

The one i'm using right now is a mid tower with around 30 cm from the back to the part off the case where any GPU would bumb into a steel cage.

The second one doesn't have this cage and is a bit bigger then your standard mid tower, so i gues about ~ 60 cm space ? 

Both i would place at about 15 - 20 cm width. 

the GPU would fit just fine in the bigger case, i just figured out the GTX 960 has a 8 pin connector on the gpu but the 6 pin is enough to keep it running for games i don't know how much longer your PSU is going to last though but until then u can play the games u like.

Well getting a 8-pin adapter wouldnt be that hard either, i saw that the nvidia card has both, i was just curios if it needed both, or one at a time ? 

If space does become an issue, how would a EVGA GeForce GT740 2GB Superclocked VC compare ? That one seems a lot smaller tho i'm not sure if the performance would come even close. 

well u take a very big step back, then it's a better choice to stick with your current GPU

but the width would be no problem and the length neither if you are right.

and for the 8-pin u need just search the web i'm sure u would find one.

Ok then i have about all i need =) Thank you very much for the help. 

Well getting a 8-pin adapter wouldnt be that hard either, i saw that the nvidia card has both, i was just curios if it needed both, or one at a time ? 

If space does become an issue, how would a EVGA GeForce GT740 2GB Superclocked VC compare ? That one seems a lot smaller tho i'm not sure if the performance would come even close.

Gt 740? Not worth it at all! Trust me, don't get a gt card for gaming. Eight pin power would be better especially for higher clock speeds though. 6 pin power connectors only offer 75 watts of power, while 8 pins can deliver 150 watts. Pcie can also deliver 75 watts, so if you do the math with a 6 pin you will have 150 watts, while with an 8 pin you will have 225. 150 should be enough but if you overclock it might run in to some limits. Do note that the reference GTX 960 actually comes with only a 6 pin, so it really should be fine. A 6 pin to 8 pin adapter really won't do anything.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

Ok then i have about all i need =) Thank you very much for the help.

6-8 pin isn't the same as just an 8 pin you know that right... 6 pin only delivers 75 watts of power while 8 pin gets you 150. You are still getting 75 from the pcie slot which gives you 150 watts to the gpu which should be enough but might keep you from overclocking. If you do 6 pin to 8 it still only delivers 75 watts.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler