Will there be any conflict in this build?

Ophidio

Main concern is motherboard and CPU, it says it will work with a BIOs update but I just want to make sure through the world of LTT that everything will work because I don't want my friend to have to send parts back as soon as he gets them because they don't work. 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($60.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($55.80 @ Amazon) 
Total: $437.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-26 21:34 EST-0500

PS That's not the power supply that he is getting, he is actually getting a 750w EVGA B2 power supply. I was just to lazy to change it in the pcpartpicker link. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

What GPU is he going to be using, and does he really need 16GB's of RAM or can that be put elsewhere in the system?

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

i would not go h or b series intel boards

Well if OP's friend isn't overclocking, those boards will be fine.

Well if OP's friend isn't overclocking, those boards will be fine.

I'm just saying ditch the 16gb of ram for a $500 build and put it in a nicer cpu, possibly a GPU, or a z series board

I'm just saying ditch the 16gb of ram for a $500 build and put it in a nicer cpu, possibly a GPU, or a z series board

Or even a better SSD...

What GPU is he going to be using, and does he really need 16GB's of RAM or can that be put elsewhere in the system?

He's using a R7 250x that he already has. Which he plans on replacing after he gets more money but right now he's running a Core 2 Duo E7400 which needs to be replaced more than the GPU. And I tried to tell him he doesn't need 16GB but he says he does. Little kids.. what do they know. 

Or even a better SSD...

The SSD is fine, I don't know why people pick on it so much. Yeah it's not a Samsung but it's still a good SSD for the price considering this kid literally has no budget at all. His budget is $450.

wheres the GPU?

He already has it so doesn't need to buy another.

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

The SSD is fine, I don't know why people pick on it so much. Yeah it's not a Samsung but it's still a good SSD for the price considering this kid literally has no budget at all. His budget is $450.

That SSD is amazing and can definitely survive a lot of writes- take this from someone who used to shoot 4k onto it daily from a Black Magic Production Camera.

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

Whoa, my friend, please state you GPU, (if you have one) and if you don't, that too strong of a PSU, maybe a 450W if you don't. If you do, that quite balanced. You need fans (not people fans).

That SSD is amazing and can definitely survive a lot of writes- take this from someone who used to shoot 4k onto it daily from a Black Magic Production Camera.

Exactly, I use it in my system and yeah I haven't had it for long but I've had less problems with it than I have any other drive that has ever been in my system. The boot time is amazing and it doesn't deserve the crap it does get. Btw I talked him down to 8GB so we have more money for a mobo, would an Asus H87M be better? 

Whoa, my friend, please state you GPU, (if you have one) and if you don't, that too strong of a PSU, maybe a 450W if you don't. If you do, that quite balanced. You need fans (not people fans).

Yes I'm aware he doesn't need that much wattage right now but he wants to make upgrades over the next year and that PSU was the much cheaper than a lot of the 450-500 watt PSU's that were available on Amazon.

Exactly, I use it in my system and yeah I haven't had it for long but I've had less problems with it than I have any other drive that has ever been in my system. The boot time is amazing and it doesn't deserve the crap it does get. Btw I talked him down to 8GB so we have more money for a mobo, would an Asus H87M be better? 

That wouldn't be a bad choice, what's the budget for the mobo? I bet you I could find you something really nice :)

That wouldn't be a bad choice, what's the budget for the mobo? I bet you I could find you something really nice :)

Budget for the mobo is like $90 and has to be from Amazon unless it's significantly cheaper else where with no mail in rebates. He would also prefer that it is Prime Eligible so he can get everything before he has to go back to school. 

Budget for the mobo is like $90 and has to be from Amazon unless it's significantly cheaper else where with no mail in rebates. He would also prefer that it is Prime Eligible so he can get everything before he has to go back to school. 

US?

US?

Yes, and he's decided to say screw amazon because there are no decently priced motherboards on Amazon so he's actually looking at an Asrock H97M Anniversary now.

Yes, and he's decided to say screw amazon because there are no decently priced motherboards on Amazon so he's actually looking at an Asrock H97M Anniversary now.

That's a perfect board for your needs. Get that.