Overclocking Software?

vK 3 1 RON

Just as the title says really, is the only way to overclock a CPU in the BIOS? And what about the GPU - I use an MSI 980 ti and 5820K for reference.

Basically - What method/software should I use for overclocking my CPU + GPU?

For GPU, MSI afterburner/EVGA Precision X.

For CPU, BIOS

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

What mobo do you have? Most of them have an overclocking utility tool if you don't know how to do so in bios.

Also, precision x, ASUS GPU tweaker (i think), MSI afterburner for your gpus.

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

Intel Xtreme Tuning Utility.

But I recommend using BIOS. Any reason why you don't want to use BIOS?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Intel Tuning Utility is what you can use to overclock your CPU without going into BIOS. Its pretty stable and if you just want to squeeze an extra 5% performance out of your CPU in 5 minutes its really the way to go. But editing your BIOS really helps with stability and usually gives you more options

Professional Girl

For GPU, MSI afterburner/EVGA Precision X.

For CPU, BIOS

"for CPU, BIOS"

I love it!

Just as the title says really, is the only way to overclock a CPU in the BIOS? And what about the GPU - I use an MSI 980 ti and 5820K for reference.

Basically - What method/software should I use for overclocking my CPU + GPU?

MSI afterburner for the GPU.

For CPU I recommend BIOS. 

So, I put a 40x100 OC on the CPU @ 1.2V and for the GPU, I don't know if this is small or big or dangerous or crap. So... +130 Core Clock  +320 Memory Clock

I didn't want to use the BIOS because having to restart and mess around with spamming 'del' and then changing and restarting again is just a bit of a pain :P

Any views on my OCs? Sorry for tagging you both back in :P

It's fine. You could push it further.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

So, I put a 40x100 OC on the CPU @ 1.2V and for the GPU, I don't know if this is small or big or dangerous or crap. So... +130 Core Clock  +320 Memory Clock

I didn't want to use the BIOS because having to restart and mess around with spamming 'del' and then changing and restarting again is just a bit of a pain :P

CPU can probably do 43x100 or 44x100 @ 1.2 volts, and you should use BIOS, it is the best method for overclocking your CPU.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

What model is your MSI 980 ti

MSI 980 ti Gaming 6G - if you could suggest an OC?

It's fine. You could push it further.

#FirstOverclock I didn't want to chance it dying xD - I will end up pushing it, but I don't want to hit 1.3V on Air.

You'll end up doing restarts anyway if you really want to OC. You'll need to do some stress testing after all and some of them will eventually fail, making you to go back few notches. Or when going up in small bits.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv