Hi there from Spain, overclok, weird rig

Guilletapia01

Hi guys, im Guillermo (i guess u can just call me will); and im gonna get a pc this christmas. The build is quite weird, but once u now my plan for this rig i hope u help me wisely. I'm basicly going to take some very, very, cheap pieces; and others wich are quite expensive. Lets go through the build:

- Intel pentium g3258

- Sapphire R7 250X Vapor-x 1gb gddr5

- MSI Z97 PC Mate

- Tacens Radix VII AG 600W 80 Plus Silver

- Kingston HyperX Fury blue ddr3 1600 MHz Cl10 2x4 gb

- Corsair Hydro Cooling Series H100i gtx

- NZXT h440

- Samsung 850 Evo SSD Series 120GB SATA3

So, this is it. My basic idea was to overclock the GPU and the CPU, an insane overclock. I just need them for one year, next christmas i'll get better ones, but i'll keep the rest of the parts.

So thinking than i just need the CPU for one year, to how many Hz do you think i'll be able to get that g3258?

Is that mb ready to do some, insane, stable overclock; if not wich one you recomend?

What do you suggest to improve this build???

Thank you guys, here in spain we get our christmas presents the 5 of jan, so im cain of in a hurry :D

Hi guys, im Guillermo (i guess u can just call me will); and im gonna get a pc this christmas. The build is quite weird, but once u now my plan for this rig i hope u help me wisely. I'm basicly going to take some very, very, cheap pieces; and others wich are quite expensive. Lets go through the build:

- Intel pentium g3258

- MSI Z97 PC Mate

- NZXT h440

So, this is it. My basic idea was to overclock the GPU and the CPU, an insane overclock. I just need them for one year, next christmas i'll get better ones, but i'll keep the rest of the parts.

So thinking than i just need the CPU for one year, to how many Hz do you think i'll be able to get that g3258?

Is that mb ready to do some, insane, stable overclock; if not wich one you recomend?

Thank you guys, here in spain we get our christmas presents the 5 of jan, so im cain of in a hurry :D

Hyper 212 EVO is probably enough and get a better PSU or else your computer will probably explode.

Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Turbo 3.5GHz | 8GB Kingston DDR3-1333 | MSI Radeon R7 370 OC to 1020mhz | EVGA Supernova NEX B1 750W | GIGABYTE GA-B85-D3H | Inwin Velocity OEM Case | 120mm broken fan

Vancouver, BC | O Canada

- Intel pentium g3258

- MSI Z97 PC Mate

- NZXT h440

Get a better PSU before it becomes a BBQ, you dont need a H110I for overclocking a G3258, we cant tell you what OC you'll get.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Ty guys, whats the problem with the PSU, it is 600wt isnt that enough?

And, as i meant before i want to burn those parts if it is necesary but i want to get the best out of them; just one year. I dont care if they burn after, but i want one year at the most crazy boost.

Again, thanks a lot for helping :)

Ty guys, whats the problem with the PSU, it is 600wt isnt that enough?

And, as i meant before i want to burn those parts if it is necesary but i want to get the best out of them; just one year. I dont care if they burn after, but i want one year at the most crazy boost.

Again, thanks a lot for helping :)

The problem is not the capacity of the psu. It is the quality. If one is going to overclock, especially if one is going go for an extreme overclock a psu that provides very clean and stable power is desireable. Andyson, the OEM of the Radix VII is not known for building quality psu. And, I have seen some expert advice on the web against buying any Tacens psu - http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Tacens.html

A better quality motherboard with more overclocking features would also help. Although the G3258 is known to oc quite easily.

Regardless of how good an oc one gets from a G3258 and R7 250X their performance will not match expectations.

There are reports of oc's well over 4.2GHz, up as high as 6GHz in fact. The higher clocks are of course using top notch supporting hardware with a very well binned cpu.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.